went to start up bike no luck! just clicking no cranking

FZR600 Forum

Moderators: Site Director, FZR Forum Moderators

dayalalito
50+ Posts
50+ Posts

Re: went to start up bike no luck! just clicking no cranking

Post by dayalalito »

The bike was in a location where i had to be very QUITE, and couldnt start it up because people complain about noise, also been repalcing parts on it like harness, was missing the whole front COWL, headlights, speedo, fenders, missing section of rear end, etc etc, need a new battery and now need to replace the VR. (see my gallery and you we see what i mean) it a project bike in the making

but i should have everything in place soon, now that i moved the bike from the previous storage area, and can work on it with no issues about noise.
we have all the time we need as it is 28 degrees in NYC and NO ONE is riding bikes in this weather. LOL
thanks Dayalalito
DonTZ125

Post by DonTZ125 »

Flames deleted. Keep it in the pants, gentlemen ... :cop:

Dayalito - while it could have been better phrased, Lamer is correct that we could have used that info earlier. The more info you give us, the more intelligent and useful will be the reply.

Now. You say you haven't tried bump-starting the bike because you have to be quiet - this makes little sense to me. The engine will make the same racket whether the BIKE is pushed or whether the BUTTON is pushed. If all you are trying to ascertain is whether the engine is seized, a bump 'attempt ' can be made with the ignition off. Did the engine burble and sputter, or did the rear tire simply skid?
dayalalito
50+ Posts
50+ Posts

Post by dayalalito »

thank you all, thanks for the advise, lets close this issue got it started, with the bump attempt. great WEBSITE.
thanks Dayalalito