an R1 with a difference

Moderators: Site Director, FZR Forum Moderators

noshoes
100+ Posts
100+ Posts

Re: an R1 with a difference

Post by noshoes »

Did you guys check out the new map in my sig................. Chopper Chopper Chopper
States visited on my 90 FZR 1000
ImageImage
90 1000 w/ 92 USD forks w/ gold valves and Racetech springs,Technomagnesio rims, Ohlins shock,custom dog-bones,Corbin gunfighter seat,Whistler Crusader radar/laser detector,Veil anti-laser coating on plate and head lights,K&N,Yosh carbon slip-on,custom jetting,5 angle valve job & polishing,Ebc pro light contour front disks,R-1 blue dot calipers,Ebc organic pads and steel braided front brake lines,0 grav smoked windshield,carbon bar ends, frame sliders,49 tooth SS ultra light titan-tuff rear sprocket,530 chain kit,Custom ultra light rear disk, Yosh digital temp gauge....It never ends does it???
reelrazor
Wrench
Wrench

Post by reelrazor »

I'd like to point out that a springer only moves one of it's downlegs...the linkage is at the bottom of the downleg and it uses the other downleg as a link waaay up to the top to actuate the spring and damper.

With the girder fork, the whole girder leg travels up and down with the wheel.

There's a little bit of increase in unsprung weight with a girder compared to a springer, but the srpinger pivots the damper and spring assy. as weight rotating on the headstock.

And as far as "the big 4" using something like this.....well, the big 5th does.....BMW with their telelever and duolever setups.
http://www.michiganmobileservice.com/

“A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.”-Douglas Adams

http://www.youtube.com/user/reelrazor
match417
Level 8.0
Level 8.0

Post by match417 »

noshoes wrote:Did you guys check out the new map in my sig................. Chopper Chopper Chopper
woohoo!! lol, i don't feel left out anymore :banana:
check out my car and bike projects on http://youtube.com/match417
yamaha_george
5000+ Posts
5000+ Posts

Post by yamaha_george »

match417 wrote:
noshoes wrote:Did you guys check out the new map in my sig................. Chopper Chopper Chopper
woohoo!! lol, i don't feel left out anymore :banana:
we knew that you could swim real good .....and find yourself ashore sometime or other..... :whistle
noshoes
100+ Posts
100+ Posts

Post by noshoes »

Swim I dont think so...Heres my arrival to Hawaii.......
Image :whistle :whistle :whistle
States visited on my 90 FZR 1000
ImageImage
90 1000 w/ 92 USD forks w/ gold valves and Racetech springs,Technomagnesio rims, Ohlins shock,custom dog-bones,Corbin gunfighter seat,Whistler Crusader radar/laser detector,Veil anti-laser coating on plate and head lights,K&N,Yosh carbon slip-on,custom jetting,5 angle valve job & polishing,Ebc pro light contour front disks,R-1 blue dot calipers,Ebc organic pads and steel braided front brake lines,0 grav smoked windshield,carbon bar ends, frame sliders,49 tooth SS ultra light titan-tuff rear sprocket,530 chain kit,Custom ultra light rear disk, Yosh digital temp gauge....It never ends does it???
yamaha_george
5000+ Posts
5000+ Posts

Post by yamaha_george »

noshoes wrote:Swim I dont think so...Heres my arrival to Hawaii.......
:whistle :whistle :whistle
A water bike beats swimming any day :_}