Sad realization

Any topic relating to the FZR/YZF (UK) or motorcycling in general.

Moderators: Site Director, FZR Forum Moderators

ALMOST
50+ Posts
50+ Posts

Re: Sad realization

Post by ALMOST »

Wow, I know how you feel. A few years back I had a house of a project and a new ninja and an 86 ninja in need of work. I never had time to fix the old one and ride the new one. And the riding sucked, it was overloaded with cages and stoplights. And, I found no one to ride with. All the folks I worked with rode HD. And yes, the mentality was crotch rocket. This is why a few years later I moved to a more open area, even though the land is flat and curves are few and far between; But less cages. I don't have any where close to do track days either, so I'm feeling your pain.

It's nice that you have three bike though, I would enjoy that cb 550, may be turn it in to a slight oldskool cafe racer. lol another project for you.
FZR 600 91 D&D
davephipps
50+ Posts
50+ Posts

Post by davephipps »

Yeah the 550 would make a nice Cafe build. There's a thread at SOHC4.net that's really grabbing my attention
http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php?topic=27159.150
I think you need to be logged in to see the pics though.
The guy has some YZF600 forks and brakes on his 550, and a host of other mods that update the old bike wonderfully.
FZR600 1992
CB550F 1974
GL1000 1978
abs929cbrrr
1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts

Post by abs929cbrrr »

i would look more into a kawasaki 650R. ive seen tons of riders on them since they came out, decent looking bike, super nice riding posture, not too expensive (used ones goin for like $3500-4500). they remind me of a dirtbike kinda also, id sell off all the bikes and get a newer one that can last years to come for your body. you could still hit corners then you have time.

i wouldnt do a project bike if you have no time already working on a home...one reason i stopped cuz i own a house that i am redoing, was building a fzr at the same time, and 3wheelers, no time or money for the most important thing of all, the house.

i commute on a 01 cbr929rr but it set up for more comfortable rides and i am smaller so i dont mind the tank layin posture, its more comfortable then the fzr every was. its def not a commute bike (30mpg) but it solved never having time to ride due to working on a bike and a house at the time, if i had time to ride then i was burned out and took the car.
02 xr200r set up for XC
96 trx300ex set up for XC

im roadbike less!!!!!!