HOW-TO: YZF600R Swingarm Conversion Write-Up <Updated>

Got a Yamazuki or a Yamonda? This section is for those who are a little more creative...

Moderators: Site Director, FZR Forum Moderators

thatkid
2000+ Posts
2000+ Posts

Re: HOW-TO: YZF600R Swingarm Conversion Write-Up <Updated>

Post by thatkid »

mrfreeze5 wrote:Awww. That sucks. I'm reworking the fzr a bit this spring after i finish up my Warrior mods and get back on the road after winter. I'm itching to get my fzr up in the canyons again. Hopefully the new bars will make it a bit more comfortable on my neck and wrists.

Didn't think you were still around. I sold off my FZR. I'm hoping to be able to finish my 675 and at least get out and ride a bit, but since it's 8° outside, I have time. And I can't believe Darrin hasn't turned off the swearing filter. Sheesh.
Do YOU Scopper?

"When some people cry, it's not because they’re weak. It’s because they’ve been strong for far too long."
mrfreeze5
Level 8.0
Level 8.0

Post by mrfreeze5 »

I haven't hardly touched my fzr. I put about 1k miles on it in 2010, and haven't ridden it since. Anything over 30 minutes or so and I was in pain. I'm going to switch to dirt bars soon. I picked up a new 09 Warrior last summer, so that's what I've been rising. I have a huge box of new parts for it as soon as i extricate it from the shed when it warms up a bit more. March tends to be blizzard season around here. I may be trading one of my jeeps for a 2000 vstar bobber this week too. That'll be nice so i can ride it until I get the warrior out.

Here's my new ride.

Velija
Site Newbie

Post by Velija »

Real quick I hope somebody still reads this
But I've started the yzf swing arm conversion and this topics has been great didn't really see anywhere any specific on what chain to use because the fzr one now is short I think
Thanks
topdogintampa
Site Newbie

Post by topdogintampa »

520 chain, 108 links

some info here but you will need the Kaw 636 front sprocket unless you swapped engine:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/330983719475?_t ... EBIDX%3AIT

I am doing a swap also :headbang:
1991 FZR 600
'96 motor
Black with white decals
Yoshi slip-on

2006 KX250f
2002 YZ250 2-stroke
lucky13
Site Newbie

Post by lucky13 »

Sorry to bump an old thread, but I had a couple questions. Once the swingarm is cut down, do I have to also go inside and drop the depth to the shelf for the swingarm bearings? Do I use the YZF or FZR swingarm bearings? And where can I get them? Thanks
GrimBacklash
Site Newbie

Post by GrimBacklash »

I know this is more or less a dead forum... But I just did this swap. Than you for your help
Hooligan