R6 shock kits

Moderators: Site Director, FZR Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Sellers: Your "For Sale" ad may be pulled if you do NOT have your location in your profile. New members with less than 10 posts should give adequate information concerning themselves and why they are selling.

Members: Please use your best judgement when buying from others online, whether it be from someone here or Craigslist or eBay. Use a service to pay, like PayPal, never send cash, checks or other payment. If possible, refrain from giving out too much of your personal information. We do not limit new users from selling as we want our members to be able to get first dibs. It can be risky buying from anyone. Use common sense. If it doesn't feel right - don't do it. If possible, buy from a reputable member.

Please Note: Neither FZROnline.com, nor those financially responsible for the domain, nor any of the community members, will be held responsible for any transaction in anyway being it financially or otherwise.

While not required to sell your items, if you feel compelled to do so, you may make a donation to this site via PayPal to donation@fzronline.com, to help keep this forum active.
Autococker
Site Newbie

Re: R6 shock kits

Post by Autococker »

I am a short guy and new to here (so HI. ) want to lower my 1989 FZR600R and not finding parts on here like I use too own one. Will this lower a 1989 and by how much? Thanks and sorry for any stupid questions.

I am older now and still tip toed on this thing think I shrank???
Looking for any other parts too This FZR600 is a project bike and needs alot of TLC

Thank you in advance.
thatkid
2000+ Posts
2000+ Posts

Post by thatkid »

Looking to be that time again. I have a handful. After that, no more.
Do YOU Scopper?

"When some people cry, it's not because they’re weak. It’s because they’ve been strong for far too long."
FZR_600_90
50+ Posts
50+ Posts

Post by FZR_600_90 »

hey i already have the shock could i only get the bushing for the bolt at the top ?
thatkid
2000+ Posts
2000+ Posts

Post by thatkid »

FZR_600_90 wrote:hey i already have the shock could i only get the bushing for the bolt at the top ?
You could. You'll still need dogbones though. I only have enough sets for the shocks I have though so I can't do much there.
Do YOU Scopper?

"When some people cry, it's not because they’re weak. It’s because they’ve been strong for far too long."
Tyrone
Site Newbie

Post by Tyrone »

How easy would it be to change these on my 89 and what are the benefits of changing them?
thatkid
2000+ Posts
2000+ Posts

Post by thatkid »

Tyrone wrote:How easy would it be to change these on my 89 and what are the benefits of changing them?

About an hour of work and the benefit of having 20+ years of suspension technology improvement now under your bike. You'd have preload, hi/low speed compression and rebound settings. Basically your bike will feel like a whole new bike underneath you.

Install is basically something like this:

Loosen top and bottom shock bolts.
Loosen dogbone bolts.
begin to lift bike from under engine area until suspension is unloaded.
Remove dogbones and shock.
Replace with new dogbones and shock.
Use supplied spacers and top bolt when reassembly begins.
Reassemble.

Yes, there is a little more finesse than that but overall that's the meat of it. Someone with limited mechanical aptitude and tools can perform this swap. Otherwise, even $100 at a shop would be worth it if you don't feel comfortable doing it. Your bike and your butt will thank you.
Do YOU Scopper?

topdogintampa
Site Newbie

Post by topdogintampa »

I also have a new '07 R6 shock and really need the shock spacer/bolt/dogbone kit in a bad way! If anyone here can help me out or give me dimension's to machine my own I would really appreciate it huge! I have everything to do the complete YZF rear end swap except for these last few parts. Weather is getting nice and I want to get this done asap.

Please let me know if someone can make me a kit and the cost. Thanks!

Todd
1991 FZR 600
'96 motor
Black with white decals
Yoshi slip-on

2006 KX250f
2002 YZ250 2-stroke
thatkid
2000+ Posts
2000+ Posts

Post by thatkid »

Bumping up again as riding season is getting nice for those of us that have winter. 4 left. Don't be left out.
Do YOU Scopper?

CTBQ
Site Newbie

Post by CTBQ »

Are these still available? If so, PM me or email me - Quinnshawn@rocketmail.com
j200pruf
50+ Posts
50+ Posts

Post by j200pruf »

Nate would you be willing to sell just the new shock bolt and bushings? Also can you make a set of dog bones that would raise the rear end ~1 inch from stock?
Mikegeez
Site Newbie

Post by Mikegeez »

I just found an 07 R6 shock for my 93 FZR600. Would the dogbones and bushings still be available? I am also located in Chicago.
tenchu
Site Newbie

Post by tenchu »

You still have these avail?
thatkid
2000+ Posts
2000+ Posts

Post by thatkid »

I have the hardware kits but no shocks. A full kit can be produced but payment would have to be made upfront.
Do YOU Scopper?

Peterclark41
Site Newbie

Post by Peterclark41 »

Are these kits still available if so do you post to the uk ??
thatkid
2000+ Posts
2000+ Posts

Post by thatkid »

Peterclark41 wrote:Are these kits still available if so do you post to the uk ??
They are and I will.
Do YOU Scopper?