Weird issue coolant

FZR600 Forum

Moderators: Site Director, FZR Forum Moderators

gt5094stang
50+ Posts
50+ Posts

Weird issue coolant

Post by gt5094stang »

i have a 92 fzr 600. I have owned it for about a year now and just do some recreational riding. Previously i never really never gone full throttle on the bike just went up to 9k rpms or so and shift. Lately i have been getting more comfortable and have been trying to redline the bike. I have noticed everytime i redline the bike when i come to a stop my over flow bottle fills up like crazy and leaks out the breather hole....Any idea why this happens or should i get a bigger over flow bottle???
CrazySkullCrusher
100+ Posts
100+ Posts

Re: Weird issue coolant

Post by CrazySkullCrusher »

Is your thermostat showing that the engine is hot? If not, get your cap tested or just replace it. Worst case scenario is the motor is bleeding compression into the cooling system VIA bad head gasket or something.
96 fzr600. R1 body kit.

94 xj600 seca 2: complete upgrade restoration.

73 Honda cb750 four: bored out 178 over (850 cc) street cam, smoothbore carbs, velocity stacks, corbin king-queen seat, 4-1 header with modified megaphone exhaust, dyna-s ignition, too many other mods to mention and still under construction.

72 Suzuki ts90 cci. First bike ever, bone stock and still starts with 2 kicks.
buzzawak
Level 2.0
Level 2.0

Re: Weird issue coolant

Post by buzzawak »

I have had the same problem. My solution was flush the system, clear the radiator fins and replace the cap.