Zoot Scoot Riot Project - Codename: Scopper (Updated 7/18)

Moderators: Site Director, FZR Forum Moderators

thatkid
2000+ Posts
2000+ Posts

Re: Zoot Scoot Riot Project - Codename: Scopper

Post by thatkid »

zero9243 wrote: I was gonna say : Sounds perfect.
Your mom sounds....... :whistle :o
Do YOU Scopper?

"When some people cry, it's not because they’re weak. It’s because they’ve been strong for far too long."
zero9243
Level 8.5
Level 8.5

Post by zero9243 »

thatkid wrote:
Kiss your mother with that mouth? Why aren't you on instant messenger!?

Also, how about a pic of the clean basement! Might as well show them we got SOMEthing done.
Upgrades:
  • Barnett Clutch------------------------------------------R6 Blue Dots, Front Master Brake Cylinder+Reservoir
    WP Adjustable Rear Shock----------------------------Vortex 520 Conversion with RK GB520GXW Chain
    V&H Header (4-1)--------------------------------------Swingarm Spool Mounts
    Cobra F1r Exhaust Can--------------------------------R6 Voltage Regulator
    Flo-Commander with Remote-------------------------Custom Airtech Passenger Seat
    Stage 7 Jet kit with Diffuser Caps--------------------Factory Pro Nickel Emulsion Tubes
    Wiseco 630 Kit------------------------------------------Custom Frame Slider Mounts
    Modking Hydraulic Clutch Kit--------------------------Hella Projection Headlight with Xentec HID Kit (H9 Bulb)
    Modking Aluminum Radiator Overflow Bottle--------

thatkid
2000+ Posts
2000+ Posts

Post by thatkid »

zero9243 wrote:
thatkid wrote:
Kiss your mother with that mouth? Why aren't you on instant messenger!?

Also, how about a pic of the clean basement! Might as well show them we got SOMEthing done.

I kiss YOUR mother....... Damnit, you make it so easy it just takes all the fun out of it.

I will get a pic of the cleanness a little later. I need to attempt to sleep first.
Do YOU Scopper?

"When some people cry, it's not because they’re weak. It’s because they’ve been strong for far too long."
surgscrubfzr
50+ Posts
50+ Posts

Post by surgscrubfzr »

i have a fzr 1000 speedo you can have. it has a plug cut off but i think it still works, i never actually used it. if you want it let me know.
ImageImage
old_school
Level 8.0
Level 8.0

Post by old_school »

thatkid wrote:
OK i have a funny story.. So a young guy i ride with found out how old i was... He was like "damn, your old enough to be my dad.." I said, "I might be..?What's your mom look like?? :) " I'm huntin' Milf's boyz :headbang: ..

:offtopic:
NO FZR :(
05 Yamaha R1
03 Harley Fatboy
what's next?
YAM93
1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts

Post by YAM93 »

Looks like the MILF MAN has arrived.
:banjoman :banana: :rofl:

He leaves all the mom's with big white creamy mustaches.
:yikes: :shutup: :rofl: :hijack: :worthlesswithoutpics:
thatkid
2000+ Posts
2000+ Posts

Post by thatkid »

Alright another update. I was down there for a good 8-9 hours. It doesn't look like I was down there that long but some of this crap takes a lot longer when you don't have the right tools. Anyway, Here's how the basement was left after Zero helped me clean up my work station.
I did move a bunch of moto parts from the garage to the basement after we had it very clean so that's what the boxes are.

All my metal stock organized.

I built a wheel chock for the front wheel so it doesn't try to tip over again. banghead

From there it was a lot of cleaning and painting today. I think I have almost everything cleaned and painted so that when I start to assemble I won't have to do anything but that.
ImageImageImageImage

Then I fixed the exhaust a little more. I'm hoping that the textured powder coat that Zero is going to get done for me ( :whistle ) will hide some of the blemishes.

I got the head tube welded on like nobody's business. Cutting the tube and square tube in half with an angle grinder took a very long time but the results were worth it.
ImageImageImageImage

This picture is showing where the shock lines up in comparison with where the frame attaches.
ImageImage

And a finishing shot of the profile as she sits right now.

That's all I got done today. I spent a good amount of time fixing some blemishes in the main tube that were there when I bought the tube. I got a discount on it but looking back I should have just driven to the supplier and bought a new piece. A lot less headaches but not much I can do now.

Oh! I'd also like to thank Yam for grip money and the Finch for a gas cap and spout. And I think he beat me to it but thanks also go out to Zero for a battery, turn signals, and time. (and powdercoating :whistle ) ClapHands I may finish under budget after all! :grinnod:

Soon I will place the final order with DennisKirk and see how much is left in the budget for powdercoating the frame. I hope there will be enough.
Do YOU Scopper?

YAM93
1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts

Post by YAM93 »

How are you going to attach the shock to the frame? Seems offset and at a distance. Nice job on everything, looks like it was way more time consuming than those pictures show.
:-D
" several meat-eaters lay in vomit, too weak to move..."
zero9243
Level 8.5
Level 8.5

Post by zero9243 »

Yeah that thing is gonna look sick powdercoated!! Nice work dude, I like the addition to the frame that you welded on. Looks real clean. And that wheel chalk... genius!!
Upgrades:
  • Barnett Clutch------------------------------------------R6 Blue Dots, Front Master Brake Cylinder+Reservoir
    WP Adjustable Rear Shock----------------------------Vortex 520 Conversion with RK GB520GXW Chain
    Stage 7 Jet kit with Diffuser Caps--------------------Factory Pro Nickel Emulsion Tubes
    Wiseco 630 Kit------------------------------------------Custom Frame Slider Mounts
    Modking Hydraulic Clutch Kit--------------------------Hella Projection Headlight with Xentec HID Kit (H9 Bulb)

haunter
2000+ Posts
2000+ Posts

Post by haunter »

nice!
thatkid
2000+ Posts
2000+ Posts

Post by thatkid »

YAM93 wrote:How are you going to attach the shock to the frame? Seems offset and at a distance. Nice job on everything, looks like it was way more time consuming than those pictures show.
:-D
Yeah, the shock is about 4 inches to the left of the frame. I'm still working on an idea that would be presentable yet functional. Since I have other things I can be doing I'm not worrying about that one just yet. I still need to find out if that por-15 can take the heat of powder coating or if I have to do it after I get the frame coated. Cause if I can do it before it will make like much easier.
Do YOU Scopper?

zero9243
Level 8.5
Level 8.5

Post by zero9243 »

*chanting* rolling chassis! rolling chassis! Rolling Chassis! ROLLING CHASSIS!!! CMON LET'S SEE IT!
Upgrades:

thatkid
2000+ Posts
2000+ Posts

Post by thatkid »

zero9243 wrote:*chanting* rolling chassis! rolling chassis! Rolling Chassis! ROLLING CHASSIS!!! CMON LET'S SEE IT!
maybe wednesday. If I had help it would go faster but book someone had to go to the dells. Sent again from the free iPod touch. I would never pay 300 for one of these but it sure it damn cool.
Do YOU Scopper?

Dr Rockso
Level 1.5
Level 1.5

Post by Dr Rockso »

i don't think por will stand the heat , they do have high temp por but only in shades of silver for painting exhaust manifolds and stuff . what are you gonna use for a seat ? i got a real nice sprung chopper solo seat that was too wide for my triumph that i'd let go if you're interested , it's been sitting here wrapped up waiting for something cool to go on but i don't do a whole lot of chopper stuff anymore .
Got busted plastics ??? go here : viewtopic.php?f=8&t=209
thatkid
2000+ Posts
2000+ Posts

Post by thatkid »

Dr Rockso wrote:i don't think por will stand the heat , they do have high temp por but only in shades of silver for painting exhaust manifolds and stuff . what are you gonna use for a seat ? i got a real nice sprung chopper solo seat that was too wide for my triumph that i'd let go if you're interested , it's been sitting here wrapped up waiting for something cool to go on but i don't do a whole lot of chopper stuff anymore .
I have no idea what I'm doing for a seat yet. A sprung seat could look pretty damn cool. By let go do you mean donated or cheap? Cause any other options are pretty much out of the price range on this build. :ermm: I really want to stick within my $400 budget. As of now I think it can be done, but it's a no frills sort of budget that is left.
Do YOU Scopper?