Hose sizes for stock FZR radiator

Got a Yamazuki or a Yamonda? This section is for those who are a little more creative...

Moderators: Site Director, FZR Forum Moderators

yamaha_george
5000+ Posts
5000+ Posts

Hose sizes for stock FZR radiator

Post by yamaha_george »

Hi,
Well the amount of you guys tearing your various bikes apart ,I figure one of you would know:-

The left hand hose from rad to metal pipe to the engine is how long and what internal diameter.

Since the bike is in the workshop hanging around waiting on me feeling better canofworms I cannot go measure:-{

Anyone use the new silicon hoses yet?

tHANKS
cad600
1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts

Re: Hose sizes for stock FZR radiator

Post by cad600 »

I would love to try the silicone hoses. But no one makes a kit and I don't have time to fit one properly.

I don't know the lengths, but the hose diamaters are 5/8" and 3/4" for the stock FZR. The 5/8" lines are from the cylinder block water jackets to the thermostat housing only. Everything else is 3/4".
Yes, that is a Single Sided Swingarm FZR600 that I built.

Something is lurking, waiting, wanting to be built......It calls to me from the darkness....

I can finally see the light at the end of the tunnel....Then I realize that it is the train coming to run my ass over....
haunter
2000+ Posts
2000+ Posts

Post by haunter »

good info cad that was fast
yamaha_george
5000+ Posts
5000+ Posts

Post by yamaha_george »

cad600 wrote:I would love to try the silicone hoses. But no one makes a kit and I don't have time to fit one properly.

I don't know the lengths, but the hose diamaters are 5/8" and 3/4" for the stock FZR. The 5/8" lines are from the cylinder block water jackets to the thermostat housing only. Everything else is 3/4".
CAD
humble apologies for not saying thanks, dashed off to find some hose suppliers :-}
The repair is done as of 5 hours ago in RED silicon on the main down to the waterpump on the left frame rail .

I did find a mention of the silicon set for bikes but damned if I can now find te link

anyways thanks again for the help :notworthy:
cad600
1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts

Post by cad600 »

Geo - No problem, I'm gladd I could help.

Haunter - Only reason I knew was I had just finished the plumbing on my FZR and had to buy a bunch of hose and fittings. Good timing I guess. :thumbsup:

Something is lurking, waiting, wanting to be built......It calls to me from the darkness....

I can finally see the light at the end of the tunnel....Then I realize that it is the train coming to run my ass over....
yamaha_george
5000+ Posts
5000+ Posts

Post by yamaha_george »

yamaha_george wrote:
cad600 wrote:I would love to try the silicone hoses. But no one makes a kit and I don't have time to fit one properly.

CAD
humble apologies for not saying thanks, dashed off to find some hose suppliers :-}
The repair is done as of 5 hours ago in RED silicon on the main down to the waterpump on the left frame rail .

I did find a mention of the silicon set for bikes but damned if I can now find te link

anyways thanks again for the help :notworthy:

Well I found the link eventually:- http://www.racebikebitz.com

They supply samco sport silicon hoses (trying to find if they deal direct :-)

HTH
cad600
1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts

Post by cad600 »

I've look them up before. They sell complete kits for certain bikes. The FZR is not one of them. Not cheap either. You can buy all of the hose diameters and fittings to piece one together though. I thought about it for a while then decided it's not visible enough with the fairings on so I passed. If you try it out, please post some picks. I'd love to see how it looks.

yamaha_george
5000+ Posts
5000+ Posts

Post by yamaha_george »

cad600 wrote:I've look them up before. They sell complete kits for certain bikes. The FZR is not one of them. Not cheap either. You can buy all of the hose diameters and fittings to piece one together though. I thought about it for a while then decided it's not visible enough with the fairings on so I passed. If you try it out, please post some picks. I'd love to see how it looks.

Cad,
to tell you the truth I picked the bright red hose as my bike is one of the old school RED &white with just one stripe of blue.
But I spent most of lunch gazing at it and I am not honestly convinced that the red looks better shiny yes but.....................

Some how the black I think would have been better IDK
feef
Site Newbie

Post by feef »

Wondering if anyone made any progress on this.

intending on replacing the hoses on the FZR, and if I can get a silicone kit, I will.

a
--
When a passenger of the foot, hooves in sight, tootel the horn trumpet melodiously
http://www.kickingtyres.com
the_finch
Level 8.5
Level 8.5

Post by the_finch »

Another option on places to buy from is http://www.pegasusautoracing.com. They were alot cheaper on the brake pressure switches, but I haven't taken the time to see if their silicon hoses are cheaper or not. They do carry the sizes we need though, under the "plumbing" section on the left.
1997 FZR600RJ

Engine: K&N Drop-in air filter - stock airbox - FP 5°ignition advancer - EBC "Street Racer" Kevlar clutch
Exhaust: Stock header - Yoshimura RS-3 Carbon fiber slip-on
Body: Original paint/graphics - Clear Alternatives integrated LED Taillight - Flanders' flush front signals - YZF600 Mirrors - Comp. Werkes Stainless fender eliminator/tag bracket - 60w/55w H4 headlights
Tires: Metzler MEZ4B 120/70 ZR17 Front - Michelin Madacam 100x 150/70 ZR18 Rear
Brakes:Stock rotors with EBC HH Sinstered pads
In the works: YZF600 header, '97 Bandit 600 rear wheel, DynoJet Stage 3, Racetech Springs and Emulators fork rebuild, FZ1 rear shock, YZF600 front MC, Galfer SS Lines, CFM rearsets
mrfreeze5
Level 8.0
Level 8.0

Post by mrfreeze5 »

Id like to see the red silicone on a FZR. I need to upgrade my water pump with winter and that involves a new lower rad hose, but Id like my rad fil cap outside, so Im entertaining rad swaps as well and these could prove useful.
yamaha_george
5000+ Posts
5000+ Posts

Post by yamaha_george »

mrfreeze5 wrote:Id like to see the red silicone on a FZR. I need to upgrade my water pump with winter and that involves a new lower rad hose, but Id like my rad fil cap outside, so Im entertaining rad swaps as well and these could prove useful.
MrF,
here you go:-

PS if anyone is interested that swingarm with stainless steel custom made chain guard are for sale.
Plus I have a stainless steel radiator shield like that one shown for 25 UKP + £7 shipping to states.
mrfreeze5
Level 8.0
Level 8.0

Post by mrfreeze5 »

That looks nice! Thanks for the pics!
yamaha_george
5000+ Posts
5000+ Posts

Post by yamaha_george »

ERR 95 where do we go with that there are no links form that page to product price contacts nada ?????????????????

Tracked them down Google again <BG>

http://www.prostreetonline.com/x/nex-si ... e-kits.asp
yamaha_george
5000+ Posts
5000+ Posts

Post by yamaha_george »

95FZR600 wrote:
yamaha_george wrote:
ERR 95 where do we go with that there are no links form that page to product price contacts nada ?????????????????

All fixed up. Darn link was pos. Thanks Geo. :cheers:
http://www.prostreetonline.com/x/nex-si ... e-kits.asp works