My 89 FZR 600

Moderators: Site Director, FZR Forum Moderators

MnFZR600
Site Newbie

My 89 FZR 600

Post by MnFZR600 »

Well this is my 1989 FZR600. I bought it a few months back and have been working on fixing it up so far i have cleaned out the whole fuel system, rebuilt the carbs, changed the plugs, oil, flushed the raidator, sanded down the header and did a flat black ceramic coat on it and did the heat treatment, cleaned and flushed the break lines, added front flush mounts, mirrors with intergrated led blinkers, "Zero Gravity" double bubble windscreen, and led tail light with intergrated blinkers. I also went with a full custom paint job.

This is how the bike looked when i first got it, it was spray painted gloss black......... got it off CL.....
A few pics of when i had it in primer.
ImageImage
Then we get to the good pics WOOT The paint starts with a black base coat then shot with a green to gold PPG flop, then shot with a white pearl marbilizer. The scale look is made from rolling bubble wrap over the pearl and it pools up in the areas. Then its shot with a blue candy and orange candy shot around the edges of the panels. I do have the lower side fairings painted to match but when I bought the bike I never got all the lower fairing mounts, only ended up with the raidator mounts. SO if anyone has some lower fairing mounts forsale let me know lol.
ImageImageImageImage
ragedigital
4000+ Posts
4000+ Posts

Re: My 89 FZR 600

Post by ragedigital »

Really cool effect in the paint. Thanks for the pics!

darrin
Thanks for joining and participating in the most "active" FZR Community on the internet!
MnFZR600
Site Newbie

Post by MnFZR600 »

Thanks took some time to get it to come out nice like that and the back pannel above the tail light has some runs of blue candy but we ran outta the pearl marbilizer so im just leaveing it till this winter and then going to fix the pannel.
yamaha_george
5000+ Posts
5000+ Posts

Post by yamaha_george »

Nice looking bike, bit worried that at night you will be all but invisible but its better than all Black for sure.
MnFZR600
Site Newbie

Post by MnFZR600 »

Got the side fairings on it now let me know what u think!!!
ImageImageImage
twack
Site Newbie

Post by twack »

looks good hopefully i get to see it in person some day
MnFZR600
Site Newbie

Post by MnFZR600 »

im sure one of these days u will get to see it in person i been wanting to take a ride down that way, been waiting to get my Lic tho i had my test setup but since the state of minnesota shut down no test will be done till they figure out the budget lol!
yamaha_george
5000+ Posts
5000+ Posts

Post by yamaha_george »

hi,
that blue needs some light colour to help show it off to its best advantage big white Decals would do it too.

The nice thing about Blue is it always looks clean :-

MnFZR600
Site Newbie

Post by MnFZR600 »

Yeah i was thinking of maybe putting a few decals on it but the paint really pops in the sun, i can take pictures all day long but it will almost never show all the details and colors that pop when ur standing next to it in the sun
twack
Site Newbie

Post by twack »

I see a talon in the garage. Talon + FZR + MN = :cheers:
Ive got a fully modded talon sittin in my garage as well. Sucks about your license test. my girl cant get her permit because of it all. Freaking retarded politicians!!! Do you at least have your permit to ride around on? dont suppose you have your old tinted windscreen forsale.....
MnFZR600
Site Newbie

Post by MnFZR600 »

yeah have had my permit for a few months now not having my Lic hasn't stoped me from driving on freeways or anything, :cheers: and got to love the DSM's, the one in the garage is a 1991 eagle talon tsi the AWD turbo 5 speed not fully modded but have hks ssqv bov, turbo sx boost controler, full 3 inc custom made exaust including the 3 inc dump pipe, got green under glows, 17 inc rims black with alumunm lip they are little beat up bought them for 100$ after someone stole my old 6 blade chrome 17's..... right now its in the garage because the water pump went out on it i changed the water pump n then i was going to redo the timing belt n never got around to it, could have had it done by now but spent to much time on the FZR, and the my old windscreen was broke and cracked all over it was tapped together with clear tape when i bought the bike, kinda why i bought the new ZG one lol
MnFZR600
Site Newbie

Post by MnFZR600 »

might have to repaint it again lol, took it out back in jan on a day it hit 50 out, came up to a stop light with about 6 cars waiting to go strait and i pulled into the right turn lane got 3 cars up and a car cut over and i had to put the bike down to avoid side swiping the car. smahed my leg good and brused 4 or 5 ribs and best yet the car drove off and so did everyone at the light when it turned green. luckly some kids were close by n saw it all and came and helped me pick the bike back up but everything will be coming out of my pocket thansk to the f*ck who drove off!
MnFZR600
Site Newbie

Post by MnFZR600 »

Heres a few better pictures of it that i took at the end of summer.

yamaha_george
5000+ Posts
5000+ Posts

Post by yamaha_george »

MnFZR600 wrote:might have to repaint it again lol, took it out back in jan on a day it hit 50 out, came up to a stop light with about 6 cars waiting to go strait and i pulled into the right turn lane got 3 cars up and a car cut over and i had to put the bike down to avoid side swiping the car. smahed my leg good and brused 4 or 5 ribs and best yet the car drove off and so did everyone at the light when it turned green. luckly some kids were close by n saw it all and came and helped me pick the bike back up but everything will be coming out of my pocket thansk to the f*ck who drove off!
Mn,
sorry to hear about your misfortune, you were lucky with the kids being around to help out.

Had you hit the car you could have come of worse physically but for sure the B*stard would have stopped around to cuss you out..

I hope that your injuries do not have any lasting effect and that you can get the bike back soon after, you might want to add some of that white / pale blue I talked about so that next time you may be a bit more visible.
I learned the hard way too on an all black bike, now none of my bikes are dark coloured and i wear leathers that are noticeable ie Red white & blue.

all the best