Running ruff SORTED

Moderators: Site Director, FZR Forum Moderators

The Borg
Site Newbie

Re: Running ruff

Post by The Borg »

Hi

Thanks George, yep managed to find that on the internet, the chap next door had the same sort of thing so i have managed to get it fixed back on this stuff he had was ready in 20 mins.

Bike back together took it out, looking good, than got warm and then back to being awful again, going to take the carbs off tomorrow and do one a night next week, not going to rush it.

Did get offered a set of brand new old stock carbs for a £100 from a chap at a bike show in bristol a month ago, didn't have the cash on me so took his number, he still has them, worth getting?

Picked up a carb balancer for 4 cylinder bikes for a tenner this afternoon with all the pipes and brass tube things.

So im ready to do battle, wish me luck, thanks for everyones help so far.
yamaha_george
5000+ Posts
5000+ Posts

Post by yamaha_george »

The Borg wrote:Hi

Thanks George, yep managed to find that on the internet, the chap next door had the same sort of thing so i have managed to get it fixed back on this stuff he had was ready in 20 mins.

Bike back together took it out, looking good, than got warm and then back to being awful again, going to take the carbs off tomorrow and do one a night next week, not going to rush it.

Did get offered a set of brand new old stock carbs for a £100 from a chap at a bike show in bristol a month ago, didn't have the cash on me so took his number, he still has them, worth getting?

Picked up a carb balancer for 4 cylinder bikes for a tenner this afternoon with all the pipes and brass tube things.

So im ready to do battle, wish me luck, thanks for everyones help so far.
Hi,
Mawler had a carb sets for spares that was like a quid or something stupid,

If the carbs were in fact Brand new old stock yup at a 100 is very good price
The Borg
Site Newbie

Post by The Borg »

Hi

Well i have had the new carbs fitted, and set up, and im £170 lighter for it and its still not running right banghead

oh and now theres an oil leak.

It has made it better, the carbs not the oil leak, but when you try and pull away at low revs it dosent like it and you have to rev it to about 5000, once its going it fine.

Have ordered some new rubbers that go between the engine and the carbs, will try them and see if it works.

I dont think this bike likes me.
Ice Queen
50+ Posts
50+ Posts

Post by Ice Queen »

I would start looking at the Exup valve. If that is seized in the open position, then that would give same symptoms as you are describing. What part of Uk do you live in?
The Borg
Site Newbie

Post by The Borg »

Hi Ice Queen

This one is pre exup, its weird when it running and not realy getting hot its ok as soon as you get stuck running slow it starts to smell of fuel and runs bad, as soon as you get going and the temp starts to drop it runs fine again.

Its going back to the bike shop and wont be coming back out untill its right, have got a spare ECU, coils, leads, plug caps, new plugs again, fuel pump, water pump, fuel taps, thermostat and the kitchen sink.

Sh1t or bust.
The Borg
Site Newbie

Post by The Borg »

Sorry, Devon in the west country.
yamaha_george
5000+ Posts
5000+ Posts

Post by yamaha_george »

The Borg wrote:Sorry, Devon in the west country.
TB,
Please just edit your personal profile to include Devon next to the UK.

We now have a fair few Riders (50-60 ish) on the list in the UK and it is nice to know that if any of us are going to be down another riders area, we can PM them and say I'll be ............ fancy meeting up for a coffee and some bench racing ........

THNX
Y_G
The Borg
Site Newbie

Post by The Borg »

Hi George

Profile updated, always good to have a get together and coffee is a must.
yamaha_george
5000+ Posts
5000+ Posts

Post by yamaha_george »

The Borg wrote:Hi George

Profile updated, always good to have a get together and coffee is a must.
Thanks Mate be awhile till I get down Devon way my back has to heal properly first for such a longish trip.
The Borg
Site Newbie

Post by The Borg »

Hi

Well after 6 Months(seems a lot longer) its running perfect. the problem with the new carbs were the sliders tube things connected to the diafram, one of them was just a little bit sticky, cleaned up and perfect, thanks to everyone who has helped.
yamaha_george
5000+ Posts
5000+ Posts

Post by yamaha_george »

The Borg wrote:Hi

Well after 6 Months(seems a lot longer) its running perfect. the problem with the new carbs were the sliders tube things connected to the diafram, one of them was just a little bit sticky, cleaned up and perfect, thanks to everyone who has helped.

YES another satisfied customer Glad it all sorted and just in time to ride :-)