High Beams work, but not low beams

FZR600 Forum

Moderators: Site Director, FZR Forum Moderators

thatkid

Re: High Beams work, but not low beams

Post by thatkid »

My bike has a ride/drive light fitted (where the little blanker fits), in the fairing, I put Ten T10 white LED's in there, that light I always switch on.

It's mainly only bikers (when driving cars etc) that look out for bike's, when pulling out. I prepare to stop if I see any vehicle waiting to exit a junction :yikes:

I've also been wondering why my bike never runs poorly with a flat battery. With the Headlights permanently on that's probably why others have running issues, when their battery is flat.
yamaha_george
5000+ Posts
5000+ Posts

Post by yamaha_george »

mawler wrote:My bike has a ride/drive light fitted (where the little blanker fits), in the fairing, I put Ten T10 white LED's in there, that light I always switch on.
I've also been wondering why my bike never runs poorly with a flat battery. With the Headlights permanently on that's probably why others have running issues, when their battery is flat.
M,
you may have a valid point there .
thatkid

Post by thatkid »

It's the only thing I can come up with. Once boiled dry battery (night time) both head lamp bulbs blown, VR pumping out 19V the bike ran fine, it may have been the 19V output though lol. Very luckily the TCI survived. Something else my tail lamp is R6 2CO LED (no 5/21 watt bulbs), LED's also seem to survive 19V.