Dead! Bike quit, no power!!

FZR600 Forum

Moderators: Site Director, FZR Forum Moderators

yamaha_george
5000+ Posts
5000+ Posts

Re: Dead! Bike quit, no power!!

Post by yamaha_george »

bweight wrote:You gotta look a little closer dude.. If you're popping fuses by simply moving the bars, you definitely have a short somewhere in the system.. You might have to peel the wire casing to see it, and it might be small, but keep looking.. Either way, you moved the bars and it seemed to help, so you know roughly where the short is occuring. It's a start.
Hi,
Your local computer or hobby shop will sell a plastic wire tidy spiral gizmo.. bike shops tend to sell the same spiral stuff in a fake chrome finish to "bling£ the bike .

Put some of that round the suspect arreas. Yup I can here the cheep skate "just use tape" Nah it is not as abrasion resistant and this stuff you can take off now for now when you find the area that is causing the trouble.
haunter
2000+ Posts
2000+ Posts

Post by haunter »

autozone carries the plastic wire conduit stuff too....in stealthy black and a few ugly 'bling' ricer colors too
TomGun
Level 2.5
Level 2.5

Post by TomGun »

Well, It looks like I found the problem. I stripped the front part of the wiring harness, and re-wrapped the whole thing. As I explored this rats nest canofworms , I found that it had been hacked and spliced in more places than you could imagine (what a mess). There was a few suspect area's that could have been touching the frame and forks. I'm lucky it didn't cause a fire :ermm: . I'm certain I corrected many problems re-wrapping this.

As a side note I'm still glad that I replaced the VR, regardless, it gives me a piece of mind, and the performance of the bike has vastly improved. Starting the bike up cold, is much easier, and the overall bike just seems more responsive, for whatever reason. :thumbsup:

Again thanks for the input guys!! :notworthy:
Now I'm going to ride RRBike
Last edited by TomGun on Wed Jun 18, 2008 3:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Looking for a FZR 400 3TJ
1992 FZR 600 SOLD :-(
2001 Ducati ST4 916
Chipped, with Fast By Ferracci cans
The Yellow Duc Project

The lord tells me he can get me outta this mess but he tells me he's pretty sure your f***ed.
smoktt2020
Site Newbie

Post by smoktt2020 »

Yeah ! another FUSE-BOX and it's fuse saved the bike .... good job TomGun , ok get your shop set-up , i'm bringing you some bikes to repair .....
fzrgirl
Site Newbie

Post by fzrgirl »

hey tom,,
well that sucks that the new bike is giving u prob.. i hope u got it fixed...
TomGun
Level 2.5
Level 2.5

Post by TomGun »

fzrgirl wrote:hey tom,,
well that sucks that the new bike is giving u prob.. i hope u got it fixed...
HA HA that was from a old thread last year it was to do with an issue with your Fizzer!. I fixed your bike by replacing the Voltage rectifier (VR) and retaped a few wires, and that fixed the problem.
The Duc is working perfectly.

Did you end up fixing that R6 master cylinder yet?? hows the riding season going?? post some pics will ya!!!

Tom
Looking for a FZR 400 3TJ
1992 FZR 600 SOLD :-(
2001 Ducati ST4 916
Chipped, with Fast By Ferracci cans
The Yellow Duc Project

The lord tells me he can get me outta this mess but he tells me he's pretty sure your f***ed.
fzrgirl
Site Newbie

Post by fzrgirl »

lol ooo... lol thats to funny.. still new to this ... no i havent fixed it yet.. i got alid off from work so not really spending as much.. but still go out for rides.. went out about a week ago with a friend for about a hour .. 1st time doing that and it was really nice to go out that long...and yes yes ill post more pics dad!!! lol lol..