just wondering, feed back is appreciated

FZR600 Forum

Moderators: Site Director, FZR Forum Moderators

jokersace
Site Newbie

just wondering, feed back is appreciated

Post by jokersace »

hey guys i know that ive been gone for a bit, but i had some personal issues to take care of.

yall guys have helped me out alot but here we go again with my bike. Im almost to the point of either parting her out or selling as a whole unit. The only thing is that i would feel worse about all the money and time that i have already dropped into it.

I just got a car saturday and after i drove off the lot i almost slammed into a wall because the car has been wrecked before. And i wasnt told about it, even after asking if was in a wreck before. So the down payment i put down i wont get all of it back due to a re-stocking fee. From saturday to 8 this morning. it cost me $300, with me putting less than 5 miles on it.

Im looking around for another tranny, or whole motor and tranny. I have had my mechanic replace my whole entire clutch assembley and now i can get it into gear. But we have to trick it at the gauge cluster. So it wont die in gear. But after putting it in gear it dont go anywhere. Nothing threw 1st or 2nd gear. But it starts right up. Just barely touch the start button and bam it starts to purr.

My mechanic said that it would be easier on him to just change out the whole motor and tranny. and it would be cheaper on my wallet to just have him do that. Mainly because he doesnt want to mess with the transmission and thus i would have to compensate for him not wanting to do it. lol.

Im seriously debating about this whole procedure. I keep pondering on if this bike is worth it. Considering how much ill have to do to it. What is yalls intake and out take on this? any and all comments are gladly welcome. Ive been dupped into this bike and have already put alot into it. Ill be close to touching $2500 spent on this bike already.

Thanks in advance to all of yall. yall have a big heart and alot of yall are wise. But im just to the point where i dont know which road to take on this thing. Ill use all of yalls input on this situation.

but if yall come across a motor and tranny shipped cheap, let me know. so i can use it in my pondering process.
haro504
Level 7.5
Level 7.5

Re: just wondering, feed back is appreciated

Post by haro504 »

the bike dieing in gear sounds like the kichstand switch and did the bike ride before the clutch was put in if so i would look there first. need a little more detail to help more
ones life is the way it is only because you allow it make it happen.
i poop my pants i poop my pants
cad600
1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts

Post by cad600 »

Agreed - A little more info on how the bike ran previously is needed here. The mechanics statement that installing a different engine would be cheaper is correct. I can swap an engine in 1 hour now having done it only 3 times. A tranny is a minimum of 8 hours for someone who knows what they are doing. But I would be a little leary of his suggestion only because too many mechanics want to take the easy way out. If the bike would engage into gear and drive before he put in the clutch then I would lean towards he did not adjust the clutch properly. Which is why a little more info is needed.

On a side note, go back to the car dealer and get your $300 back. I know it is only $300 and may not be worth the cost of a lawyer, but if they sold you a car under false pretenses then they are liable for the entire cost. Non of this restocking fee crap. It is not like the a-hole is going to put it back on a shelf. He probably put it in the same spot as before and jacked the price up as well. Threaten a call to the Better Business Bureau and a lawyer for fraud. Either way, I would definitely call the BBB.
Yes, that is a Single Sided Swingarm FZR600 that I built.

Something is lurking, waiting, wanting to be built......It calls to me from the darkness....

I can finally see the light at the end of the tunnel....Then I realize that it is the train coming to run my ass over....
jokersace
Site Newbie

Post by jokersace »

here are the topics that the history of the bike in it.

i have another post somewhere where i give an indepth story about the whole bike and how i got it and everything that has happened

this one is about my clutch and right after it broke down on me and getting her started yet again....
http://www.fzrarchives.com/ipb/index.ph ... 45717&st=0

pretty much this is what happened. i bought the bike from a loser, changed mulitple parts, spent alot of money, had the ignition fuse pop, back tire lock up, changed the vr out, battery, fuel pump, whole entire clutch assembley. and still nothing. $2500-3000 later i still cant ride it and its just sitting there. i havent changed the title in my name yet becuase i bought the bike to get my m endoresment. but i cant ride it to learn how it handles. i know how to ride have been riding for almost 10 years. but its time i get legal and settle down.

i could either fix this bike up, part it out, or sell it. and get me another bike next month if this one guy will work with me. but in the mean time im just getting deeper and deeper in debt because my job is going under and i cant find someone that will employ me because my hours suck that bad. 29 hours a week goes straight towards riding and waiting for a bus, 10 goes towards actual working at the worse shop in the world, and 12 goes towards college.
haro504
Level 7.5
Level 7.5

Post by haro504 »

well maybe when it was slaming into gear it striped the teeth of some of the gears i would start with putting the bike in gear and pushing it to see if it rolls if it does in all gears take out the oil fill plug and push in all gears an see if the clutch basket spins if it does not i think its the trans. if it spins and rolls freely than the gears between the crank and clutch are damaged might be a keyway if they are any in there give these a try to narrow down all with clutch out
ones life is the way it is only because you allow it make it happen.
i poop my pants i poop my pants
ghettomedic505
100+ Posts
100+ Posts

Post by ghettomedic505 »

Bro where you located at? I have a 91 emgine and tranny sitting in my yard and if you take it off my hands ill greatly give it too you so just a thought
OH I THINK I DROPPED MY MONKEY