FZR600/YZF600/R6 Build

Got a Yamazuki or a Yamonda? This section is for those who are a little more creative...

Moderators: Site Director, FZR Forum Moderators

Genesis
Level 8.0
Level 8.0

Re: FZR600/YZF600/R6 Build

Post by Genesis »

This is the FZR1000 bracket If you are doing the YZF600 tank swap, this is a great way to go
I used the FZR1000 rear tank mount, But it required heavy modification, I will get a better pic of it later. It will work very will though. Now I am trying to figure out how to hold the front of the r6 seat in place.
1990 Yamaha FZR600 Genesis, Daily Driver
My FZR6 Rebuild

1985 GMC 4x4 T-15 X-Cab Sierra
1999 Chevy 4x4 Blazer (wifes car)

"If a man can build it, I can take it apart and sometimes even put it back together and fix it" --Unknown

"'I wish none of this had happened.' 'So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us.....'" J.R.R. Tolkien
Genesis
Level 8.0
Level 8.0

Post by Genesis »

Little Update, I have the tank pretty much done, Now I just have to make a bracket for my fuel pump and figure out the airbox, sorry no pictures of that yet.

I am also starting on the r6 radiator project. Since my filler neck bracket broke off, and I wanted to relocate the fill neck to a little more accessable location I am putting on a 05 R6 radiator. But first since I don't really have any where to attach it, being "long bolts" throught the gusset at the front bottom side of the frame like the 400 frame. I oppted to make a conversion bracket. so hopefully with luck I can take this.
Using this.
And make this.
Last edited by Genesis on Thu Jun 18, 2009 6:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My FZR6 Rebuild

"If a man can build it, I can take it apart and sometimes even put it back together and fix it" --Unknown

"'I wish none of this had happened.' 'So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us.....'" J.R.R. Tolkien
Genesis
Level 8.0
Level 8.0

Post by Genesis »

additional pictures for those of you that are doing the R6 tail.

http://www.jeffersandkristi.com/html/r6 ... rsion.html
My FZR6 Rebuild

Genesis
Level 8.0
Level 8.0

Post by Genesis »

UPDATE, I finally feel like I am getting somewhere:

mockup of tail

Rear Tank Mounting, You can see I used the Fzr mount for the front of r6 seat, and the Fzr1000 mount for the rear of the tank.

Undertail Mounting, I love the nutsert tool I picked up at HF. worth the $16.

My FZR6 Rebuild

shredex
2000+ Posts
2000+ Posts

Re: FZR600/YZF600/R6 Build Updated 6-26-09

Post by shredex »

thats what im talking about!
you need a gold USD fork swap as well!
Genesis
Level 8.0
Level 8.0

Post by Genesis »

I just got these and Hope to make them into running lights/turn signals.

ImageImage

Two Wire to Three Wire Conversion Write-up

Does anyone know what you have todo to eliminate the rapid blinker syndrome?

I am also going with the LED tail lights/brake lights.

http://www.ledlight.com/1156-1157-autom ... ights.aspx

should look pretty good w/ everything being red in the back.
My FZR6 Rebuild

thatkid
2000+ Posts
2000+ Posts

Post by thatkid »

You have to get two 5ohm resistors and put them between the positive and negative wires on each side of the harness. 2 per side. That will get rid of the rapid blink. They get mighty warm though so tuck them out of the way. I'll try and get you a picture of what they look like.
Do YOU Scopper?

"When some people cry, it's not because they’re weak. It’s because they’ve been strong for far too long."
Genesis
Level 8.0
Level 8.0

Post by Genesis »

thatkid wrote:You have to get two 5ohm resistors and put them between the positive and negative wires on each side of the harness. 2 per side. That will get rid of the rapid blink. They get mighty warm though so tuck them out of the way. I'll try and get you a picture of what they look like.
I can build it....... But know nothing about electronics, would you please give me a Radio Schack part number? or something.
My FZR6 Rebuild

Genesis
Level 8.0
Level 8.0

Post by Genesis »

I was comparing the hacked up r6 harness and my FZR harness, And I think I will try to use some of the newer components.
Last edited by Genesis on Thu Jul 16, 2009 1:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My FZR6 Rebuild

Genesis
Level 8.0
Level 8.0

What are these? and are they swapable?

Post by Genesis »

I was comparing the hacked up r6 harness and my FZR harness, And came accross this,

there is something similar on the r6 harness that combines the main fuse with it

but for the most part are these swapable?
My FZR6 Rebuild

haunter
2000+ Posts
2000+ Posts

Re: What are these? and are they swapable?

Post by haunter »

looks like the starter solenoid....?
zero9243
Level 8.5
Level 8.5

Post by zero9243 »

Doesn't it buzz if your battery is too low and you try to start your bike?
Upgrades:
  • Barnett Clutch------------------------------------------R6 Blue Dots, Front Master Brake Cylinder+Reservoir
    WP Adjustable Rear Shock----------------------------Vortex 520 Conversion with RK GB520GXW Chain
    V&H Header (4-1)--------------------------------------Swingarm Spool Mounts
    Cobra F1r Exhaust Can--------------------------------R6 Voltage Regulator
    Flo-Commander with Remote-------------------------Custom Airtech Passenger Seat
    Stage 7 Jet kit with Diffuser Caps--------------------Factory Pro Nickel Emulsion Tubes
    Wiseco 630 Kit------------------------------------------Custom Frame Slider Mounts
    Modking Hydraulic Clutch Kit--------------------------Hella Projection Headlight with Xentec HID Kit (H9 Bulb)
    Modking Aluminum Radiator Overflow Bottle--------

yamaha_george
5000+ Posts
5000+ Posts

Post by yamaha_george »

haunter wrote:looks like the starter solenoid....?
yup sure does and a solonoid is a solonoid providing it is 12V and the amperage is good.
Genesis
Level 8.0
Level 8.0

Post by Genesis »

thatkid via PM wrote:
Genesis wrote:
thatkid wrote:You have to get two 5ohm resistors and put them between the positive and negative wires on each side of the harness. 2 per side. That will get rid of the rapid blink. They get mighty warm though so tuck them out of the way. I'll try and get you a picture of what they look like.
I can build it....... But know nothing about electronics, would you please give me a Radio Schack part number? or something.
totally forgot about the blinker thing so I went and took care of that too. Here are some pictures.

The two 10 ohm 10W resistors wrapped together with electrical tape. All you have to do is cross them on the positive and negative on each side of the blinkers.

A close up of the numbers.

I picked them up at radio shack for like 5 bucks total. That's all there is to it.

-Nate
:udaman
My FZR6 Rebuild

Genesis
Level 8.0
Level 8.0

Post by Genesis »

These are some close Ups of the modified 1990 FZR1000 rear tank mount and slimed downed FZR seat mount.
Click on the Thumbnails
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
My FZR6 Rebuild