Project 44 - 400/YZF Hybrid SHE STARTED TODAY!!!!!!

Got a Yamazuki or a Yamonda? This section is for those who are a little more creative...

Moderators: Site Director, FZR Forum Moderators

China_Racer_1
Level 5.0
Level 5.0

Re: Project 44 - China_racer_1's 400/YZF Hybrid

Post by China_Racer_1 »

Mission Completed - I took a hammer to the inside of the frame on the 400 and hit repeatedly as hard as I dare to deform the aluminum into shape. went with many light hits vs. a few good whacks.

I made sure I had a concaved area, no sharp edges and rounded evrything off as best I could.

I will heat reat later but for now its off to the machinist to get a few parts made for the rear wheel and brake system a well as the clamp for the stering dampener.

When completed I spray painted with balck gloss and installed the carbs tehn activated the slides to see if the linkage had clearance. No marks in the paint so I have enough clearance not to rub.

I contacted SUDCO a well and will get a replacement set of velocity stacks and a jetting kit (A bunch fo jets different sizes.) for when I take her to the Dyno

Pics on the way
yamaha_george
5000+ Posts
5000+ Posts

Post by yamaha_george »

China_Racer_1 wrote:Mission Completed - I took a hammer to the inside of the frame on the 400 and hit repeatedly as hard as I dare to deform the aluminum into shape. went with many light hits vs. a few good whacks.

I made sure I had a concaved area, no sharp edges and rounded evrything off as best I could.

I will heat reat later but for now its off to the machinist to get a few parts made for the rear wheel and brake system a well as the clamp for the stering dampener.

When completed I spray painted with balck gloss and installed the carbs tehn activated the slides to see if the linkage had clearance. No marks in the paint so I have enough clearance not to rub.

I contacted SUDCO a well and will get a replacement set of velocity stacks and a jetting kit (A bunch fo jets different sizes.) for when I take her to the Dyno

Pics on the way

Steve,
Good news indeed, glad it all worked to plan.
I did not realise SudCo did velocity stacks or did I mis-read that bit ?
China_Racer_1
Level 5.0
Level 5.0

Post by China_Racer_1 »

Regarding Sudco;

I went to the Keihin site and found the parent company to be Sudco. It was the only contact info available that I found so requested pricing from Sudco

If they do not offer I am sure they will refer me down the ladder.

I am not rushed I am just in a massive time crunch. However, I am doing this methodically and I have a writtn plan to get the bikes complete. If I get them done in time for the 1st race great. If not then so be it. I won't compromise safety and quality. I can always rent a bike for the first race.

Regarding on board Cameras.

I have a camera now and I will mount it on my bike during the next training session this weekend with Dave Sadowski. Shoudl get some good footage.

I am actually gathering footage to make a multi angle shot video.. just for fun. Back groud mucsic I picked out fits perfect for racing I think. More to come on that. In the secret vault for now ha ha

What Iam desperate for right now is a 310mm front rotor set and wheel for a 2006/07 R6. I got the forks and all just need a wheel ad rotors. keep getting sniped on Ebay FARGH!
China_Racer_1
Level 5.0
Level 5.0

Post by China_Racer_1 »

Just an update, my bikes are over at my Pizza oven building work shop. Reason being, I have a machine shop there and can get anyting machined out from my new sponsor, Pete.

So then I call in my engineer buddy, Uli, he is a German. He agrees to help me for a set of new leathers in return. I jumped on the deal.
A bit of back ground about Uli. He had a bike at Daytona back in 1991. It was a BMW with the single sided front swing arm suspension on it… that he designed for BMW.

He was brought here to China to help design a new engine and bike he is currently working for a company designing a new bike for the new 600 class (If that’s the way they go) for the Moto GP. The company thinks it will be a 600 class so they are getting things in place and Uli is the R&D designer.

So now Uli can help me wrap up all the details on the project bike.
He will be over early next week to sketch up then design out al the pieces I need.
Once its good t go he will also help me get the bike running and broke in and trouble shoot for me on the track. I have known Uli for about 1 year now and he is a great guy.
He wanted nothing to help at first but I know his leathers are older than me so I offered to get him new leathers Custom fit and custom designed by Uli himself. Now we are both wearing shit eating grins.

Since I brought 7 clients to my custom race leather maker I get a set for free…. So I gave that marker to ulli for his. My sponsor just got me new leathers anyway and I did not need anther set. I got 4 pair as it is now.
I am so happy I could shit! I finally see some positive light at the end of the tunnel. This has been a very long build.
shredex
2000+ Posts
2000+ Posts

Post by shredex »

Maybe Uli can make your bike an FI :whistle
that would be sweet.

im pretty sure that you could use any year R6 since they came out with the USD forks for them. I think that was like 03 or something...
you can probably even use an r1 front wheel.
even the axle size should be the same.

remember to take alot of pics of the bike during its transformation!
cad600
1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts

Post by cad600 »

shredex wrote:im pretty sure that you could use any year R6 since they came out with the USD forks for them. I think that was like 03 or something...
you can probably even use an r1 front wheel.
even the axle size should be the same.
The brake rotors for the '06-'07 R6 are unique in width and diameter compared to the other R6 and R1 models. The micro fiche even calls out for different part numbers as does the EBC Brakes catalog.

Steve I'm sending you a PM with some info for brake rotors.
Yes, that is a Single Sided Swingarm FZR600 that I built.

Something is lurking, waiting, wanting to be built......It calls to me from the darkness....

I can finally see the light at the end of the tunnel....Then I realize that it is the train coming to run my ass over....
olie05
Level 2.0
Level 2.0

Post by olie05 »

China_Racer_1 wrote:Since I brought 7 clients to my custom race leather maker I get a set for free…. So I gave that marker to ulli for his. My sponsor just got me new leathers anyway and I did not need anther set. I got 4 pair as it is now.
I am so happy I could shit! I finally see some positive light at the end of the tunnel. This has been a very long build.
About how much are we talking for these leathers? Are they decent quality leathers? I'm going to be in china in june, and it would be awesome to get some cheap leathers. :) (assuming they work well)
China_Racer_1
Level 5.0
Level 5.0

Post by China_Racer_1 »

http://www.gdgparts.com/leathers.htm

her is a link to my web sights page about leathers.

If you know Z custom leathers i nCalifornia I have been workign with them for a few years now to develope an off the rack line to compliment his cusotm suits.

If Adolph will put his name on a set I provide (Which he now does) then they are GP quality.

These were road tested twice by one of my spnsored riders a low side at 30mph and a high side with lots of fun tumbling at 80 mpw and they held up great. There were a lot of off the track in the gravel tests but they don't really count now do they ha ha.

Under agreement with Adolph I can not sell these in the USA. But I can sell them everywhere else in the world. So if you are here in China in Shanghai then your good to go.
Again we use the same standards and I quality check every suit myself.
shredex
2000+ Posts
2000+ Posts

Post by shredex »

id smash the one on the left
:ihi:
China_Racer_1
Level 5.0
Level 5.0

Post by China_Racer_1 »

The one on the left is named Candy she was my personal assistant for 2 years. I wanted to hit it but never could. She got a fiance.

teh one on teh right is CIci she teaches step arobics, latin dance, belly dance Tai chi and Yoga. I smashed that!

Total hard body.. man I am getting horny just thinking about her. She could tighten up parts of her lower extremities I never knew women had control of.. got to go ..............fwap fwap fwap

(Now everyone is scrolling up taking a second look at Cici huh? ha ha ha)

here she is in another pic
shredex
2000+ Posts
2000+ Posts

Post by shredex »

you lucky SOB!
China_Racer_1
Level 5.0
Level 5.0

Post by China_Racer_1 »

Shdredex,
I can't even begin to tell ya........ I love living over here. I am a foreigner so everyone leaves us alone genreally including the authorities untless your way off kilter then they might harass you.

Evryone but the babes. They all want to bang us. My friend asked me if he female co worker at the embassy coudld bang me. She wanted to do it with a foerigner (She is a Chinese local) I guess her husband is a lame-oh Thats just one small for instance in five years of being here.

Its in sane! Total Bizarro
China_Racer_1
Level 5.0
Level 5.0

Post by China_Racer_1 »

I am about 3 weeks away from finishing the FZR-400 with the 17" Honda F-2 wheel and FZR deltabox swinger. I also added a R6 2007 Front end on and my rear sets but little else. Its a 3EN engine and frame.

The Project 44 bike wil be doen and ready for the May 1st race locally and I will have a chance to get it dialed in. Not sure when exactly it will complete but I would say about 4 weeks out on that one. So really cutting it close.

I picked up Weisco as a sponsor as well and we are working on somehting interesting right now. More on that later.
China_Racer_1
Level 5.0
Level 5.0

Project 44 - China_racer_1's 400/YZF Hybrid NEW PICS

Post by China_Racer_1 »

Ok so here is where I am on both the 400 and 600yzf

The 400 is about finished. Uli will have the new bad ass subframe done in a few days. I will get pics.
however once it is done. I wil be there with 600yzf engine in hand to swap it out.

I don't trust the 400 Engine because its a stock engine I bought off a Chinese rider. probably runs ok but not sure. The YZF is fresh and I really want to race it.

So I will stuff the YZF engine in the frame I slated for the 400. Then after the race when I have a two month break between races I will get the other bike fistxed up.

So this coming race will be a YZF engine in a 3EN frame with a delta box swng arm of a 199? 400. The rear wheel is off a F2 and the front end is off a 2006/2007 R6
I will run her like that. The body work is still the same for both bikes off a 2007 Kawasaki ZX600RR.

I have Bridgestone BT-90s on order form the Hong Kong dealer as well as a set of rain tires.

Carbon body work on the solo seat. the tank cover depends if the tank that was custom built will fit in the 3EN frame. its a little different than that on th earlier model so we are checking that. if it fits I will have Carbon fiber tank cover on as well. if not then its a metal one.

Pics on the way.
China_Racer_1
Level 5.0
Level 5.0

Post by China_Racer_1 »

So everything in my build has gotten twisted around and hre is what I wil hae together for the race on May 3rd… I hope.

I have the 3EN Frame with a Deltabox swingarm both off a 400cc bike. I have an F2 Honda wheel in the rear and will run a 160 tire BT90’s on the way for that.

I have a R6S model 2007 front end on the front using a Kawi 636 radiator.

I am stuffing the 600 engine in all this. Only draw back is I can not use the fuel cell I had wanted to that I had custom built I this 3EN frame. So it will go to the 400cc project frame.

The original fuel tank will be cut down to allow for use of the Carbon fiber tank cover which has the filler hole filled in.
I am still using the 2007 Kawasaki ZX600Rr body work.

I am using some adjustable dog bones I bought here from a member and plan to use them to adjust the ride height.

I have a Tach from a TZR for this project as well. It revs way the hell up there. I plan to tape it off and only show the power band I want to be in.
The sub frame in this picture is a one off built by Ulli my tuner. The velocity stacks for the Keihin flat slides are on the way now from the USA.

The height of the top of the solo seat is will be about even with the top of the tank cover. It raises up a bit in the far rear of the seat to give it the pitch I am looking for. But it sits really low compared to a stock seat. I wanted it that way to get my C.G. lower

It’s a matter of time to build now. A true race against the clock. This is a fresh engine and once together Uli will put her through her paces at the small Tianma track and break her in for me. He is there all day and can take advantage of unused track time by others and go out for 14 USD a 25 minute session.
That’s about where I am right now. Engine swap happens on Sunday and from there its total build up. I have everything I need and in most cases two of each to get this put together.

Clocks ticking.