How-To on 99-02 R6 Integrated Headlight / Turn signals

Got a Yamazuki or a Yamonda? This section is for those who are a little more creative...

Moderators: Site Director, FZR Forum Moderators

Genesis
Level 8.0
Level 8.0

How-To on 99-02 R6 Integrated Headlight / Turn signals

Post by Genesis »

Stay tuned I'm working on a how to:
This is from the Original write up, But I will be editing it for the 99-02 headlight. Headlight Turn Signals
ImageImage
ImageImage
1990 Yamaha FZR600 Genesis, Daily Driver
My FZR6 Rebuild

1985 GMC 4x4 T-15 X-Cab Sierra
1999 Chevy 4x4 Blazer (wifes car)

"If a man can build it, I can take it apart and sometimes even put it back together and fix it" --Unknown

"'I wish none of this had happened.' 'So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us.....'" J.R.R. Tolkien
95FZR600
2000+ Posts
2000+ Posts

Re: How-To on 99-02 R6 Integrated Headlight / Turn signals

Post by 95FZR600 »

Good luck. Once you get it ready give the WIKI a try and post your how-to on there. It will take some time to figure it out but its nice to have all the write-ups in one spot. If you need help let us know.
2002 Yamaha R6-----2003 Yamaha R6

haro504
Level 7.5
Level 7.5

Post by haro504 »

you could use two double pole double throw power relays with the trigger on the blinker wires. then run power positive and negative off the batery or other sorceto the relay, then to whichever light you want to use probally highbeam piggy back it to the light socket so you can use the high beam if you want to you wont be able to use the signal with the highbeam on though. this is a basic way to do it i dont know the headlight wireing you have so i cant tell you how to put it into your bike but the princaple is sound.
ones life is the way it is only because you allow it make it happen.
i poop my pants i poop my pants
Genesis
Level 8.0
Level 8.0

Post by Genesis »

haro504 wrote:you could use two double pole double throw power relays with the trigger on the blinker wires. then run power positive and negative off the batery or other sorceto the relay, then to whichever light you want to use probally highbeam piggy back it to the light socket so you can use the high beam if you want to you wont be able to use the signal with the highbeam on though. this is a basic way to do it i dont know the headlight wireing you have so i cant tell you how to put it into your bike but the princaple is sound.
I'm confused not sure what this has todo with a turn signal mod.
My FZR6 Rebuild

"If a man can build it, I can take it apart and sometimes even put it back together and fix it" --Unknown

"'I wish none of this had happened.' 'So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us.....'" J.R.R. Tolkien
95FZR600
2000+ Posts
2000+ Posts

Post by 95FZR600 »

Its going to mount in the Headlight area instead of like the flush mounts. Hes modding the fairing to mount it in.
2002 Yamaha R6-----2003 Yamaha R6

Genesis
Level 8.0
Level 8.0

Post by Genesis »

95FZR600 wrote:Its going to mount in the Headlight area instead of like the flush mounts. Hes modding the fairing to mount it in.
actually they are in the head light itself. hey how do I post something in wiki?
My FZR6 Rebuild

haro504
Level 7.5
Level 7.5

Post by haro504 »

that is a way to use the high beam light as a blinker. i though thats what you were doing sorry
ones life is the way it is only because you allow it make it happen.
i poop my pants i poop my pants
Genesis
Level 8.0
Level 8.0

Post by Genesis »

haro504 wrote:that is a way to use the high beam light as a blinker. i though thats what you were doing sorry
Ahh I get it...... No On the R1 and R6 headlights there is a spot in the corner that is perfect for a LED orange blinker light, check out the photos above. it is perfect for those of us that are going to the R6 upper because you eliminate the FZR trun signals when you get rid of the upper fairing cage, and the R6 turn signals are on the mid fairings. so it works out perfect if you go to the R6 upper and keep the FZR side fairings.
My FZR6 Rebuild