Project 44 - 400/YZF Hybrid SHE STARTED TODAY!!!!!!

Got a Yamazuki or a Yamonda? This section is for those who are a little more creative...

Moderators: Site Director, FZR Forum Moderators

haunter
2000+ Posts
2000+ Posts

Re: Project 44 - China_racer_1's 400/YZF Hybrid

Post by haunter »

F3's dont require much work at all to get it into a stock swingarm, just a lil milling on the cush drive I beleive

you have to use the CBR f2/F3 rear brake setup, but they are cheap( i have one in my garage) are arefull floating I beleive
ragedigital
4000+ Posts
4000+ Posts

Post by ragedigital »

I just figured that since the YZF rim lines up perfectly to the YZF motor... well, you get my point.

The 3TJ swinger is nice, but I'm not 100% certain that it is either any lighter or stronger than the YZF600 swinger. Thoughts?
Thanks for joining and participating in the most "active" FZR Community on the internet!
haunter
2000+ Posts
2000+ Posts

Post by haunter »

its probably SHORTER, the main issue with the YZF/R6 stuff is they are all longer than the stock swinger while most of the FZR400 stuff is shorter.
China_Racer_1
Level 5.0
Level 5.0

Post by China_Racer_1 »

any help you can provide on getting this f3 wheel in the ass end woud be a big help. pictures maybe? you got a caliper for sale?
ragedigital
4000+ Posts
4000+ Posts

Post by ragedigital »

If and when you get that installed, I'd love to see how you lined it up to the YZF motor.
Thanks for joining and participating in the most "active" FZR Community on the internet!
China_Racer_1
Level 5.0
Level 5.0

Post by China_Racer_1 »

WHEN I say WHEN I get it installed not IF ha ha.

I will hae a lot of pics of this when its done. Right now on hold till the engine arrives.

Speaking of the engine it made its way back to Spyder in Rochester New York and after a detailed inspection its in good shape with no issues. He packed it really well and its all fine.

Just waiting for # 2 box to return with the head and a few spares to see what fell out.

Also my buddy at the English Embassy came through with a few high end contacts with DHL adn the DHL Cusotms dept. so I am lookiing good for a direct import to house and not having to go through Hong Kong and get it smuggled over the border to me. makes me feel a bit more at ease.
cad600
1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts

Post by cad600 »

China_Racer_1 wrote:Also my buddy at the English Embassy came through with a few high end contacts with DHL adn the DHL Cusotms dept. so I am lookiing good for a direct import to house and not having to go through Hong Kong and get it smuggled over the border to me. makes me feel a bit more at ease.
With all the hoops one has to jump through to get "exotic" parts here in the states, I can't imagine having to go through this. I guess you've been there long enough that playing "the stupid tourist" doesn't work. Good luck with it, and if it does come in take pictures of the box to show how many rubber stamps it has on it to get there. I kept the box my main wire harness came in only because it came direct from a Yamaha warehouse in Tokyo.
Yes, that is a Single Sided Swingarm FZR600 that I built.

Something is lurking, waiting, wanting to be built......It calls to me from the darkness....

I can finally see the light at the end of the tunnel....Then I realize that it is the train coming to run my ass over....
csofos
Level 4.5
Level 4.5

Post by csofos »

Incredible work man!!!
The one who had the bike before you, must had no respect of his bike. It was in horrible condition. But you gave a real breath in it. Welldone!!!
THE COST OF YOUR HELMET, IT DEPENTS ON HOW MUCH EXPENSIVE YOU THINK YOUR HEAD IS.
China_Racer_1
Level 5.0
Level 5.0

Post by China_Racer_1 »

csofos wrote:Incredible work man!!!
The one who had the bike before you, must had no respect of his bike. It was in horrible condition. But you gave a real breath in it. Welldone!!!

Thakss I was thinking or re-naming it the bastard but maybe franken-bike would be moer fitting sine it was once dead, has parts from others and soon..IT WILL BE ALIIIIIVE! Mwahahahahahah
cad600
1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts

Post by cad600 »

China_Racer_1 wrote:Thakss I was thinking or re-naming it the bastard but maybe franken-bike would be moer fitting sine it was once dead, has parts from others and soon..IT WILL BE ALIIIIIVE! Mwahahahahahah
I'm actually waiting for my new plate to come in. FRKSTN I think it is fitting and was shocked nobody in Georgia had it yet. Unfortunatly, I'm limited to 6 letters.
Yes, that is a Single Sided Swingarm FZR600 that I built.

Something is lurking, waiting, wanting to be built......It calls to me from the darkness....

I can finally see the light at the end of the tunnel....Then I realize that it is the train coming to run my ass over....
Spyder
Site Newbie

Post by Spyder »

sweekster wrote:I must commend you on your work. :udaman Very inspiring to say the least. By the way, Spyder actually isn't a member here (yet).
ding ding ding... I am now.. lol
China_Racer_1
Level 5.0
Level 5.0

Post by China_Racer_1 »

Well then cheers to you Spyder :cheers:

because :udaman with out your help this project would never be where it is. Now if we can only get UPS to fess up to their monumental EF up in the shipping of this engine then then we can move forward and put it together and ship it over to me using a carrier with half a brain. EF UPS!

To bring you all up to speed Spyder is waiting for the UPS rep to come give Box #2 its last rights before we open it and see how bad everything got damaged.

Then Spyder will Ef them in the A*s and brake it off in there deep for messing with our engine he he he.

Bottom half (In the #1 Box) is OK just waiting to see how the head (In the #2 Box) made out.

Spyder post the efed up box ala UPS here so they can see why UPS is NOT the carrier of choice.

This box was supposed to be overnighted priority to me in Dallas from Rochester. Instead it never made it and ended up in a frigin Starbucks Coffee house in Seattle Washington!!! It was returned in the shape you will witness in the pictures spyder is taking. I shudder to think but from what Spyder says I can only say...

"The horror....the horror....." (Marlon Brabdo - Apocolypse Now)

Real kicker is they expect us to still pay for the overnight that never made it ($800.00 usd) and then from Seattle to Rochester (cost unknown) which we never intended it to go in the first place ! What a bunch of a**holes!

Steve
manveru
Level 3.5
Level 3.5

Post by manveru »

i also hate ups, almost every damaged package i've gotten is from them. the most recent was an engine shipped in two parts. the top end came in with nothing remaining of the box, they had everything in a carrier thing. the main damage done was the cylinders were cracked/chipped banghead. lesson learned ups is not the way to go
China_Racer_1
Level 5.0
Level 5.0

Post by China_Racer_1 »

Yes actually Spyder put on 2100 in Insurance and I am waiting to hear the result of the UPS managers inspection of package #2.

The local UPS manager seemed a whole lot more cooperativce and level headed than the corperate suit Spyder first talked with.

Time is my enemy on this project but right now time is winning and I don't have my engine and will not for some time to come now as a result of this Monumental Ef-up by UPS.

The up side is UPS will now pay for the shipping of the engine since they will pay the 2100 and I will ship using DHL Air to Hong Kong. So while its a big Snafu it worked out. As long as Spyder gets the damages as he was promised.

Update - John the Machinist has been busy in the mean time with a few odds and ends he secured the top tripple clamp to the stem via a one off sleeve/nut. I will takle a picture next week when I go up there to pick up the rear sets and ship them out.

John also made a spacer for teh sprocket side of the rear wheel and it is now dead nuts centered on the axle in the swingarm.

This is step one of the process.

Next we install the engine, determine where the sprocket lines up with the rear wheel and also how much we need to mill down off the hub on the sprocket side.

I can already see the sprocket will hit the swing arm. Also it was already mentioned this is needed when using an F3 wheel.

HELP! - I need an F-3 Caliper anyone got one for sale cheap?? PLEASE

Once I have it I can make it fit in the swingarm as well (I hope) This will result in the making of a new caliper stay bar of some sort but thats fine as I will make the right side spacer intergraded in it and hopefully lessen the amount of parts back there.

Next update when I get something to work with.... like an engine
haunter
2000+ Posts
2000+ Posts

Post by haunter »

China_Racer_1 wrote: HELP! - I need an F-3 Caliper anyone got one for sale cheap?? PLEASE
yes!

I have the whole F2/F3 rear brake setup(should be F3 but I dont know how to tell the diff, supposed to be the same anyways..right?)