FZ 750 - FZR 750 engine swap.

FZR750 Forum

Moderators: Site Director, FZR Forum Moderators

fz750er
Site Newbie

FZ 750 - FZR 750 engine swap.

Post by fz750er »

Hello all in the real world. :headbang: I have to ask for your collective inputs here as I cannot find all the answers in any one place and think the topic wirth broaching? CAN the FZ 750 motor be fitted to the FZR 750 (both of 1987 vintage)? I have the frame and a pair of FZ's which one is a great runner. The other I am preparing to make a project of with an alloy frame ,USD fork, FZ motor ,1000 cylinder& piston kit.( resulting in 912c.c.)and hopefully have it running in six months for the summer here. Currently its so darn cold I cant get the firewood out to customers fast enough to keep up with demand. And its warmer in the garage with the floodlights running. Answers please ? And please mark cheeky replies as such, so I can tell the difference? :headscratch: bonkonhead
PS: The FZ is not air cooled. :whistle
yamaha_george
5000+ Posts
5000+ Posts

Re: FZ 750 - FZR 750 engine swap.

Post by yamaha_george »

Hi,
I am suprised that South Australia does not have anyone who can help you out . You have Ian Drysdale , Nik Halliwell and the like who frequent the Micapeak frame & engine lists and they chat to intelligent people all over the world Like Tony Foale, Michael Moore, Chris Consentino. All of whom have contacts in the bike engineering field for finding substitute rings would be a cinch