FZR750 Genisis 2lm reduced/restricted output

FZR750 Forum

Moderators: Site Director, FZR Forum Moderators

Icanopit
Site Newbie

FZR750 Genisis 2lm reduced/restricted output

Post by Icanopit »

Hi everyone thanks for having me aboard, I am rebuilding an FZR750 Genesis 2LM 1987 (import), carbs/fuel flow/air filter/electrics have all been rebuilt and or replaced. The engine starts very easily but will not rev above 4500 rpm, the number 1 exhaust do'es not heat up to the same temerature as the other 3, compression appears ok. It is suggested that the "igniter/cdi box" may have gone into a safe mode?? has anyone come across this before and is there a solution, short of changing the CDI (even rarer than me) can they be reset if so how.
Is there perhaps an alternative CDI that can be used. ANY input advise appreciated, I do not want to give up on the bike as it only has a registered milage of 6500 kms/mls and have invested in bearings/seals/discs/pads/rebuilt calipers/chain tyres/electrics etc etc
Unusualy there is only one short number on the engine/gearbox casing 1FM and NO other numbers, I can only suspect that the engine and or case have been changed "but" there is no evidence of the engine being dismanteled, any thoughts.

JOHN
FZRNorway
Site Newbie

Re: FZR750 Genisis 2lm reduced/restricted output

Post by FZRNorway »

Hi John. The 2LM model, with engine no. FM*** is a japanese domestic marked model restricted to 77hp and 180km/h. You'll find useful information how to derestrict it here: http://www.fzrarchives.com/ipb/index.ph ... opic=51561

For the difference in temperature on no.1 cyl, check spark plug/leads and float height in carbs first. Is the problem occurring when running the bike on road (under load), or when standing still and revving? Is there any misfiring?