FZR750 Forum

Moderators: Site Director, FZR Forum Moderators

YFZR750
Site Newbie

FZR 750 Help.

Post by YFZR750 »

Hi Guys.

I am in need of a bit of help.

I need to know the specs of my engine.... The previous owner said it was a 1989. But I doubt it as the Haynes manual and it says that the pistons between the models was different sizes. And the piston I had was the size matching the 1988.

But from what I can find out its a UK model. As it has the round filter in the airbox.

Here's my vin : 2JY00231
Is there any special thing about this one ? Like perhaps the 231 bike to come to South Africa ?

And the previous owner gave 2 CDI's with the Following codes:

TD14-60. 2LM-10 and the other TD14-56 2MG-10.

Is there any differences Between them ?

And Lastly, I am unable to see through the oil sightglass. I drained all the oil and filled it to 2.7 litres and I still cannot see anything.

Any ideas for this ?

As I would hate to ride without knowing how much oil is in my engine.

Many Thanks !
YFZR750
Site Newbie

Re: FZR 750 Help.

Post by YFZR750 »

Bump ?
FZRNorway
Site Newbie

Re: FZR 750 Help.

Post by FZRNorway »

Hi,

For 87-89 there are only one "main" model of the FZR750 Genesis. (The other one is the OW01 that was produced from 89 and a couple of years on, but is a productionracer and very rare / expensive). The one that you have I think is referred to as UK-model in the Haynes manual, with 34mm carbs etc. The other one referred to is the OW01.

The "LM" ignitor is for the Japanese domestic marked, and is part of the 77hp &180km/h restriction there, and the engines have the engine no. FM*** stamped on. Any other ignitor for the FZR750 / 1000 Genesis models made 87-89 are unrestricted, and will fit.

As for the oil, I would have replaced the sightglass if it's not possible to see throug it (even thoug there is a low oil Level indicator fitted) !!!!