Just fix a 750 FZR

FZR750 Forum

Moderators: Site Director, FZR Forum Moderators

Genesis
Level 8.0
Level 8.0

Re: Just bought a 750 FZR

Post by Genesis »

Very very nice, How did you resolve the fairing mounting issue, or did I miss that? Did you fabricate something on the OEM birdcage?
1990 Yamaha FZR600 Genesis, Daily Driver
My FZR6 Rebuild

1985 GMC 4x4 T-15 X-Cab Sierra
1999 Chevy 4x4 Blazer (wifes car)

"If a man can build it, I can take it apart and sometimes even put it back together and fix it" --Unknown

"'I wish none of this had happened.' 'So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us.....'" J.R.R. Tolkien
mxryder21
Level 1.5
Level 1.5

Post by mxryder21 »

BADASS!!! Two thumbs up :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
1993 YZFZR61 ***UNDER CONSRUCTION***
shredex
2000+ Posts
2000+ Posts

Post by shredex »

make a fairing insert for the bottom of the tank that goes to the top of the subframe and back under the front of the seat.
then put a black or carbon plate in the space between the two subframe rails to hide the wiring.

looks alot better than I thought it would!
great job!
yamaha_george
5000+ Posts
5000+ Posts

Post by yamaha_george »

csofos wrote:The paintwork completed......

That's a spot i have to fill with something

This motorcycle is dedicated to the memory of my friends Jack. Most of you, probably remember the story....
Many could say that typing a dead man's name on the bike might be a bad luck. Not for me though. I think it's a guardian angel.
Chris,
Phew piece of art or wot?

The infill I would make onto the front seat foam base and the panel in with the upholstery material.

If I dedicated my bike i would have put it in front, he has after all gone hopefully to a better place before you and sitting on his memory well is just not a way I would remember a pal :-} To each his own is what makes life interesting & far from boring for sure
csofos
Level 4.5
Level 4.5

Post by csofos »

yamaha_george wrote: Chris,
Phew piece of art or wot?

The infill I would make onto the front seat foam base and the panel in with the upholstery material.

If I dedicated my bike i would have put it in front, he has after all gone hopefully to a better place before you and sitting on his memory well is just not a way I would remember a pal :-} To each his own is what makes life interesting & far from boring for sure
Thanks a lot George. As for the name's position, i did it that way, cause i saw a lot of bikers doing the same. And because i feel him like an angel (you know, at my back). Anyway, that's my point of view. Thanks again George :cheers:
THE COST OF YOUR HELMET, IT DEPENTS ON HOW MUCH EXPENSIVE YOU THINK YOUR HEAD IS.
csofos
Level 4.5
Level 4.5

Post by csofos »

Genesis wrote:Very very nice, How did you resolve the fairing mounting issue, or did I miss that? Did you fabricate something on the OEM birdcage?
You are absolutely right. I forgot to mention that. I fabricate a new front mudguard. I'll post some pics on the next days. Thanks for the note :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
THE COST OF YOUR HELMET, IT DEPENTS ON HOW MUCH EXPENSIVE YOU THINK YOUR HEAD IS.
Genesis
Level 8.0
Level 8.0

Post by Genesis »

csofos wrote:
Genesis wrote:Very very nice, How did you resolve the fairing mounting issue, or did I miss that? Did you fabricate something on the OEM birdcage?
You are absolutely right. I forgot to mention that. I fabricate a new front mudguard. I'll post some pics on the next days. Thanks for the note :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
Your bike really looks assume. :thumbsup: I agree with YG though, extend the front seat forward to close in that space, it will make a nice padded area for your legs to wrap around....... OO wait are we talking about a bike?? :grinnod:
1990 Yamaha FZR600 Genesis, Daily Driver
My FZR6 Rebuild

1985 GMC 4x4 T-15 X-Cab Sierra
1999 Chevy 4x4 Blazer (wifes car)

"If a man can build it, I can take it apart and sometimes even put it back together and fix it" --Unknown

"'I wish none of this had happened.' 'So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us.....'" J.R.R. Tolkien
zero9243
Level 8.5
Level 8.5

Post by zero9243 »

You should change the thread title to: "Just pimped out a 750 FZR"
Upgrades:
  • Barnett Clutch------------------------------------------R6 Blue Dots, Front Master Brake Cylinder+Reservoir
    WP Adjustable Rear Shock----------------------------Vortex 520 Conversion with RK GB520GXW Chain
    V&H Header (4-1)--------------------------------------Swingarm Spool Mounts
    Cobra F1r Exhaust Can--------------------------------R6 Voltage Regulator
    Flo-Commander with Remote-------------------------Custom Airtech Passenger Seat
    Stage 7 Jet kit with Diffuser Caps--------------------Factory Pro Nickel Emulsion Tubes
    Wiseco 630 Kit------------------------------------------Custom Frame Slider Mounts
    Modking Hydraulic Clutch Kit--------------------------Hella Projection Headlight with Xentec HID Kit (H9 Bulb)
    Modking Aluminum Radiator Overflow Bottle--------

shredex
2000+ Posts
2000+ Posts

Post by shredex »

here is what i was saying that you could do with that space you need to fill

and im not to sure about the moving the seat up idea...doesnt seem to look right
csofos
Level 4.5
Level 4.5

Post by csofos »

shredex wrote:here is what i was saying that you could do with that space you need to fill

and im not to sure about the moving the seat up idea...doesnt seem to look right
Well shred, i was thinking about the same. I'll make 2 pieces from polyester and place them exactly as you tag in the photo. But this can be done later. Now, i have to do other jobs, like put in function the bike and the electrical systems, plus the koso gauges. I have to make stable the rear brake caliper too. And many other jobs.
Thanks for your advise and the photo buddy :cheers:
chefen2006
Level 3.5
Level 3.5

Re: Just fix a 750 FZR

Post by chefen2006 »

Once again you have created an amasing bike.
csofos
Level 4.5
Level 4.5

Post by csofos »

chefen2006 wrote:Once again you have created an amasing bike.
Thanks a lot buddy!!! But, i 'll stop for August. A girlfriend is goming from Australia to visit me for 15 days :banana:
So every work on the bike has to wait for September. When i' m done with it, i 'll post new photos and a link with a video showing the bike in function.
See you all in a couple of weeks guys :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
chefen2006
Level 3.5
Level 3.5

Post by chefen2006 »

well we are at the end off September now,so where is the video with you riding the bike?? I know you have been working on the Kawa ( another cool bike from "csofos dream garage" ) Any updates on this one???? I want to hear that you`v managed to fix the black box,the motor running,and the suspenders working and so on....
csofos
Level 4.5
Level 4.5

Post by csofos »

chefen2006 wrote:well we are at the end off September now,so where is the video with you riding the bike?? I know you have been working on the Kawa ( another cool bike from "csofos dream garage" ) Any updates on this one???? I want to hear that you`v managed to fix the black box,the motor running,and the suspenders working and so on....
Have to finish the Kawa 1st. Then invloved with mine. Oooohhhhhh i'm looking forward the time i'll ride my 750 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
csofos
Level 4.5
Level 4.5

Post by csofos »

f*ck, f*ck, f*ck!!!! The engine never started. I tried soooo many times. And finally i checked the cylindres compression. It was veeeeeeery low!!!! I opened the engine and i saw that piston rings (especially on 2nd and 4th) were off. The valve needed rubbing. All that was good, and something i could easily deal with... untill...... i saw the a crack on the 2nd cylinder. On the upper edge! Damn! Where to find a cylider and who's gonna give you one. And if all these shits have happend far now, imagine what else could be failed in this engine?????? So my opinion is to buy another engine.
I have a question though, and i want your opinion guys:
My fzr 750, as you all know, it's '87 model (similar to '88). Can anyone tell me if the 1000 same years engine fits in the 750's frame? Needing any modifications to fit him in? Someone told me that it fits like a glove. But this is one mans opinion. If anyone has an fzr 1000 '87-'88 model, can he measure the distances where the engine grounds to the frame. Then i'll compare them with my 750's to check what can i do.