1988 FZR750 Restoration Project

FZR750 Forum

Moderators: Site Director, FZR Forum Moderators

nate88fzr
Site Newbie

Re: 1988 FZR750 Restoration Project

Post by nate88fzr »

Bought a plastic welder Friday to attempt to repair the original plastics. I have both sides and the bottom. My rear brake caliper, stay, and line came in. Looks like the FZR1000 stuff will fit. The same with the front fairing stay. I'm headed to a salvage shop Friday to pick up some FZR600 handle bars because I think they'll fit in the 750 clip ons I have.

How do I remove the throttle from the bar to test the fitment on the 750 clip ons before I go buy them? I got so confused trying to take them apart. I'll get pics Friday. I hope to have the bottom plastics mounted, gotten rid on ugly dirt bike bars, and have rear brakes by then.
1993 FZR600
R6 Shock Mod
R6 Voltage Regulator
R1 Fender

1988 FZR750
Naked half assed streetfighter getting restored.
yamaha_george
5000+ Posts
5000+ Posts

Re: 1988 FZR750 Restoration Project

Post by yamaha_george »

nate88fzr wrote:Bought a plastic welder Friday to attempt to repair the original plastics. I have both sides and the bottom. My rear brake caliper, stay, and line came in. Looks like the FZR1000 stuff will fit. The same with the front fairing stay. I'm headed to a salvage shop Friday to pick up some FZR600 handle bars because I think they'll fit in the 750 clip ons I have.

How do I remove the throttle from the bar to test the fitment on the 750 clip ons before I go buy them? I got so confused trying to take them apart. I'll get pics Friday. I hope to have the bottom plastics mounted, gotten rid on ugly dirt bike bars, and have rear brakes by then.
Put the bar risers & ugly dirt bike bars up for sale a couple of guys were thinking about going that route to ease their back muscles :-}