Another new fzr

FZR600 Forum

Moderators: Site Director, FZR Forum Moderators

Mrjtnorwood
100+ Posts
100+ Posts

Another new fzr

Post by Mrjtnorwood »

So a guy has a 1992 fzr 600. He disassembled the whole thing, and has all the parts in bins. It all looks to be in really good shape. He wants $300 for it. I figure I can get it and throw it together, or part it out- either way worth more then $300. What you guys think?
1990 fzr 600
ragedigital
4000+ Posts
4000+ Posts

Re: Another new fzr

Post by ragedigital »

Maybe.... if the fairings are in decent shape, then you can do pretty well. If there are no fairings, I'd give him $20 for it all.
Thanks for joining and participating in the most "active" FZR Community on the internet!
Mrjtnorwood
100+ Posts
100+ Posts

Post by Mrjtnorwood »

The fairings are Allen good shape, and he has a jet kit on the carbs that, if they fit, I will put on my other fzr. It's all in good shape though. It's just all taken apart. The tires are even in good shape. And he's gonna throw Ina carb sync tool, and a bunch of other stuff. Lol
1990 fzr 600
fzrbrandon
Level 7.5
Level 7.5

Post by fzrbrandon »

ragedigital wrote:If there are no fairings, I'd give him $20 for it all.
ROFL! lol
Image Image

92 FZR600 - 3EN2 400 swingarm, Micron, DynoJet, Factory Pro, K&N, R6 shock, RT springs/emulators, R6 MC, Galfer, YZF calipers, Vortex, RK, YZF/R6 VR/R, Vortex, Zero Gravity

90 FZR400 - Sharkskinz, D&D, Sudco, DynoJet, Factory Pro, Ohlins, RT springs/emulators, JEM Machine, Woodcraft, NRC, Galfer, Vortex, RK, YZF/R6 VR/R, Vortex, Lockhart Phillips

89 FZR600 - Vance & Hines, DynoJet, Zero Gravity - sold in '91

http://www.fzrbrandon.com

!!! 400 & 600 Parts For Sale !!! viewtopic.php?f=18&t=9971
thatkid
2000+ Posts
2000+ Posts

Post by thatkid »

Darrin is just hatin' on the fzr lately.

300 isn't bad. I got one for that in the same type of shape but with a bad front end and built it up and sold it for 1500.
Do YOU Scopper?

"When some people cry, it's not because they’re weak. It’s because they’ve been strong for far too long."
ragedigital
4000+ Posts
4000+ Posts

Post by ragedigital »

thatkid wrote:Darrin is just hatin' on the fzr lately. 300 isn't bad. I got one for that in the same type of shape but with a bad front end and built it up and sold it for 1500.
No hate. It's just that the fairings are the most expensive and most difficult to find part of the build. Without them, I would probably pass. To make money on eBay anymore, you have to purchase parts for rock bottom.

Plus, you have no idea if everything is there, if the motor works, if the electronics are there... let's not even consider the nuts and bolts that could be missing. It all adds up.

Nate - you have an advantage of having an FZR warehouse, so you don't count. ha!

darrin
Thanks for joining and participating in the most "active" FZR Community on the internet!
fzrbrandon
Level 7.5
Level 7.5

Post by fzrbrandon »

I just thought it was funny because you can sell a stator cover alone for $20 if it's in decent shape. :cheers:
Image Image

92 FZR600 - 3EN2 400 swingarm, Micron, DynoJet, Factory Pro, K&N, R6 shock, RT springs/emulators, R6 MC, Galfer, YZF calipers, Vortex, RK, YZF/R6 VR/R, Vortex, Zero Gravity

90 FZR400 - Sharkskinz, D&D, Sudco, DynoJet, Factory Pro, Ohlins, RT springs/emulators, JEM Machine, Woodcraft, NRC, Galfer, Vortex, RK, YZF/R6 VR/R, Vortex, Lockhart Phillips

89 FZR600 - Vance & Hines, DynoJet, Zero Gravity - sold in '91

http://www.fzrbrandon.com

!!! 400 & 600 Parts For Sale !!! viewtopic.php?f=18&t=9971
thatkid
2000+ Posts
2000+ Posts

Post by thatkid »

fzrbrandon wrote:I just thought it was funny because you can sell a stator cover alone for $20 if it's in decent shape. :cheers:
20? Those baby's go for almost as much as peanut covers. $50-60 for decent shape.
Do YOU Scopper?

"When some people cry, it's not because they’re weak. It’s because they’ve been strong for far too long."
Mrjtnorwood
100+ Posts
100+ Posts

Post by Mrjtnorwood »

It's all in good shape and I plan to fix it up, I just got my other one for 250 like a couple months ago, and now she's running waiting for me to get a motorcycle license. :)
1990 fzr 600
Mrjtnorwood
100+ Posts
100+ Posts

Post by Mrjtnorwood »

So I got it, for a gps and a iPod touch= $300 on a good day. I'll post pics in a sec.

The guy said that it has a stage 7 jet kit on the carbs- can and should I put this on my 1990 fzr 600
It also comes with a set of yoshi headers, he said the can got crushed when it got laid over- should I put these headers on my 1990, and it has a set of k&n pod filters as you'll see in the pics shortly, shouldi replace my air box with these?

My plan is to just fix this second one up to half decent and sell. I'm going to keep my 1990 fzr 600, so I may switch some of the aftermarket parts if it's a good idea. What you guys think?

Also all the fairings are good, but they re ugly flat black, maybe I can paint them?
1990 fzr 600
Mrjtnorwood
100+ Posts
100+ Posts

Post by Mrjtnorwood »

sorry for the delay. been busy!! just let me know what you guys think, shoukd i put the stage seven jet kit from it onto my 1990, and also should i put the k&n filters on my 90, annnnd should i put the yoshi heads(without the can) on my 1990. my 1990 is my keeper, this one im just fixing up and selling.
1990 fzr 600
Mrjtnorwood
100+ Posts
100+ Posts

Post by Mrjtnorwood »

also, the fairings for this one are like a flat black, what would it take to repaint them myself? give details on how to do this. also how about repainting the frame?
1990 fzr 600
Mrjtnorwood
100+ Posts
100+ Posts

Post by Mrjtnorwood »

Anyone here think I should out the stage 7 jet kit on my keeper bike, and should I put the k & n filters on my keeper bike?

And any info about painting?
1990 fzr 600
pnbell
100+ Posts
100+ Posts

Post by pnbell »

-Not really sure what a stage 7 kit is...
-Running the K&N will sound cool, and you might get some benefit at the top end of the RPMs; but tuning anything from idle to mid range will be difficult and not likely... (meaning: the bike will likely be really jumpy and feel under powered below 8k rpms)

-Painting is not hard; of course it depends on what you want to do.. If you want to professionally paint it, you'll need the right equipment, paint, and shop with ventilation. *However if you just want it to look good, spray paint used properly works very well. You want to use a hard enamel because it holds up well against Rocks, Sunlight, Rain, and importantly Gas and Oil! This will sound lame, but i've had great experiance with Rustoleum 'stops rust' enamel. Resists everything!

Here is two old photos i found of bikes i had and painted...
(Not the greatest photos, but the glossy red one you could see your reflection in! and no orange peel in either.)
Glossy Red
Matte Flat Black (matte/flat black is impossible to keep clean... everything including water makes it dirty...) Good for a Rat Bike

Basically Sand, Prime, Sand, Paint, Sand, Paint, Paint, DRY, DRY, Wet Sand, Rubbing Compound, Polishing Compound. :thumbsup: my2cents
-Search how to paint on the internet for real instructions. and most importantly: be consistent, smooth, and take your time
-Pete
Current Toys
1995 FZR600
2002 Ducati 900ss
2008 Versys 650
1991 CB250
1978 CB350
Past Bikes
1981 CM400t
1981 GS650
1998 FZR600
1994 VS800
2004 SV650
DJStaticX
Site Newbie

Post by DJStaticX »

I'm not expert when it comes to painting but I been doing some lately. I guess the best thing to is if you have a old plastic for the bike practice on it first and see what kind of results you get , cause this is what I did at first. Painting is 95% prep and 5% painting. If your prep work is not good , then your paint will not come out good. There are lots of youtube videos and even searching the internet for tips on how to paint a bike or a car. I recently painted my frame and covers Matte Black and used a Matte Clear coat and did this all with spray cans. I used a self etching primer and rustolem paint. I just bought me a spray gun and I plan on doing a real paint job and not spray can paint job soon. I guess it depends on how much time , effort and money you want to put into painting also.