Anybody know where to find this plug

FZR600 Forum

Moderators: Site Director, FZR Forum Moderators

Brandan112
Site Newbie

Anybody know where to find this plug

Post by Brandan112 »

I have a 1989 fzr 600 and i was taking apart the stator when i tried to unplug the connectors from stator wires, well it looked like the picture and i cant find that connector anywhere.. i have a new stator coming so i just need the one side.. also any ideas why the connector would melt like that... thanks Image Image

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk
DonTZ125

Re: Anybody know where to find this plug

Post by DonTZ125 »

Not sure which side you need, but Corsa-Technic has both the male plug and the female socket. Each connector kit comes with 3 terminals; spare terminals are further down each page. I strongly recommend getting a few.

The problem with electrical contacts is that as they get dirty and corrode, the resistance goes up. As the resistance goes up, the corrosion rate goes up; as it corrodes more, the resistance goes up. As the resistance goes up ...

One gotcha with new stators that I have seen trip up several people here: despite being advertised for "the FZR600", what is very often sold is a stator for a YZF600. They look identical, fit identical, work identical - except that the crank sensor wires (bundled with the stator for reasons known only to God and Yamaha) are reversed. This means the signal the TCI receives is gibberish, and no spark is generated. Swapping the pins in the 2-way connector fixes this, as would cutting away the sleeving and using the original sensor.
Brandan112
Site Newbie

Post by Brandan112 »

Ok thanks ill definetly check them out and ill let you know.. i got a caltric stator from ebay.. should be here this week

Brandan112
Site Newbie

Post by Brandan112 »

Do you have any idea what size wire it would be since theres 2 different size clips.. doesnt say what size but wires from stator are stock and yazaki 1989

DonTZ125

Post by DonTZ125 »

Definitely the smaller - I think the stock wires are 18ga.
Brandan112
Site Newbie

Post by Brandan112 »

Ok thanks