What swing arm is this

FZR600 Forum

Moderators: Site Director, FZR Forum Moderators

cheapmotorbikepa
Site Newbie

What swing arm is this

Post by cheapmotorbikepa »

ImageImage any ideas people I got this bike the other day is a fzr600 3he but I have no idea on the swing arm. Help please

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk
TomcatMJ
Level 2.5
Level 2.5

Re: What swing arm is this

Post by TomcatMJ »

Either FZR 400 3BF/3FH or 3EN2 or, if its a bit too long for this, FZR 1000 3LE/3LF/3GM... i think so due to the chaintensioners but the axle seems to be mounted on the false side as its usually mounted with the crown-nut to the left side and not to the right side ;)
"The social dynamics of the net are a direct consequence of the fact that nobody has yet developed a Remote Strangulation Protocol." -- Larry Wall
Want Pics? Then have a look at my galleries...different topics: Bike and Car restauration, exhibitions, Trackdays (no, not me on the Track until now), carneval in cologne, other things.. ;)
cheapmotorbikepa
Site Newbie

Sweet thanks how can I tell the differences it's got a 180 back tyre if that helps

TomcatMJ
Level 2.5
Level 2.5

Post by TomcatMJ »

Then it should be from a FZR 1000 as for the 400 140 and 150,maximum 160 are usual Tirewidths and more than 160 won´t work as its too wide then to fit in the swingarm of a 400 ;)
"The social dynamics of the net are a direct consequence of the fact that nobody has yet developed a Remote Strangulation Protocol." -- Larry Wall
Want Pics? Then have a look at my galleries...different topics: Bike and Car restauration, exhibitions, Trackdays (no, not me on the Track until now), carneval in cologne, other things.. ;)
cheapmotorbikepa
Site Newbie

Perfect thanks any idea on frame mods to fit this as I got this bike for spares to fix up my bike and I like it

TomcatMJ
Level 2.5
Level 2.5

Post by TomcatMJ »

Hm? I thought its already mounted in the FZR 600s Frame....waht doesn´t fit then with this Swing Arm? Perhaps needing an offset Frontsprocket? Or was the question about what else might be possible to modify at a 600?
If it was the last point your question was targeting, then perhaps a modification for a Seatexchange against a Cagiva Mito or a Streetfighter-Style Seat (like from http://www.mgm-bikes.de for example) or something else might be interesting?

For most of the usual Seatmods you will need to cut the Rear-/Subframe a little bit and will have to construct a supporting Frame yourself for proper mounting the seat, where the additional selfconstructed Rearframe supporting part will either have to be welded to the cutted Rearframe or has to be fixated on it with some Screws ...some guys here in Germany did this with their FZR 600s, YZF 750s, FZR 1000s and so on ;)

Just have a look to the link given before and to one of the most-famous magazines here in germany for this kind of custom-bikes, Fighters-Magazin, at http://www.fighters-magazin.de/fm/ for getting some Ideas ;)
cheapmotorbikepa
Site Newbie

I already have a fzr600 that I've chopped about on the seat unit and built from the ground up over the last 5 years. I brought another fzr600 to use as spares and it had this swing arm and wheel fitted. I would like to keep my 1st bike on the road and take this swing arm and fit in my frame the arm will have already been modded to fit was wondering if my original frame needs nodding to fit this arm
Cheers for the help

TomcatMJ
Level 2.5
Level 2.5

Post by TomcatMJ »

If you want to take it from the spare-FZR to the one which is already on the road, then just check the measurements of the swingarm, check if something in the spare´s frame seems to have ben cut out and if not,then just take the siwngarm,the bearrings, the swingarm´s axle, the wheels+brake and the (i guess it is) offsetted frontsprocket from the spare-FZR and just mount it to the road legal one...don´t know how in your country such mods are handled,here in germany you then would immediately after the transfer-job have to go to tüv with the papers from the spare one and the papers of your road legal FZR to get the notices in the papers transfered to the road legal one to keep it road legal (which would obviously be no big deal as it was in the papers of the spare one already)....

Edit;Just one thing more:Check if the rear shcok is still the original one of the FZR 600, otherwise you will probably have to transplant this, too ;)
cheapmotorbikepa
Site Newbie

Thanks over her there is no inspection needed so will just do some measuring and change it all over
Thanks for the help will put pics up of finished bike