Factory Pro shift kit

FZR600 Forum

Moderators: Site Director, FZR Forum Moderators

darussianone
Site Newbie

Factory Pro shift kit

Post by darussianone »

Ok so I surf this form a lot good people good info. So here my question I have a 99 fzr 600 just had a lot of work done new factory pro shift kit, oem inner basket,friction plates, clutch springs, an cable an a really good use basket as mine had grooves so now that this is all done I cant put it in neutral with it running have to stop the bike to do that it does shift harder (expected that) but seem to be harder then I FEEL IT SHOULD BE is it so pose to be like this not able to get in to netural with it running? so it bypass that whole thing so you dont miss shift
pefrey
Level 5.5
Level 5.5

Re: Factory Pro shift kit

Post by pefrey »

What?
pnbell
100+ Posts
100+ Posts

Re: Factory Pro shift kit

Post by pnbell »

Sounds like you just need to adjust your clutch:

Try the adjustment on the Clutch lever, Tightening the cable will allow your clutch to disengage fully which should help.

*** Adjusting the Clutch Rod Adjustment Screw *** This should be checked and set properly before relaying on your lever adjustment.

This is real important so please read.

1. Back off the cable adjustment at the clutch lever all the way until the cable is loose as a goose.
2. Look on the sprocket cover. See that round plastic cover? Pry it off and you will see a bolt and a locknut in the hole.
3. Loosen the locknut.
4. Back off the adjustment screw in the center. Then tighten until you feel resistance. If you aren't sure back off and do it again a couple of times. The resistance that you feel are the clutch springs being compressed. At the point where you just feel the resistance back the screw out 1/4 turn.
5. Tricky part - while holding the adjustment screw in position, tighten the locknut.
6. Adjust the cable at the clutch lever - see book for proper adjustment.
7. Put the little plastic cover back on the clutch cover (assuming you still had one to begin with).

Try this and let us know.
-Pete
Current Toys
1995 FZR600
2002 Ducati 900ss
2008 Versys 650
1991 CB250
1978 CB350
Past Bikes
1981 CM400t
1981 GS650
1998 FZR600