Jet Kit

FZR600 Forum

Moderators: Site Director, FZR Forum Moderators

pefrey
Level 5.5
Level 5.5

Jet Kit

Post by pefrey »

OK, so a few years ago (probably 6) I installed a Dynojet Stage 1 Jet Kit on my bike. I got the kit off of ebay and it certainly was not new. It had all of the parts as far as I could tell and all the jets were in sealed bags each embossed with the enclosed jet size. Sooo I installed it and everything has been fine.

Lately I've been wanting to install the Factory Pro Jet Kit, however I've drilled my slides according to the Dynojet instructions.

Since I don't have my bike apart right now and I can't remember:
Does the diaphram separate from the slide?
Can I replace just the slides with un-drilled slides from a donor set of carbs?
Are the slides from all years identical?

I suppse the worst case scenario is to fill the holes in my slides with plastex or something and re-drill them to the stock size.

Thanks in advance.
ragedigital
4000+ Posts
4000+ Posts

Re: Jet Kit

Post by ragedigital »

I don't believe that the diaphram separate from the slide without damaging it. Getting them from a donor set is certainly an option, assuming that they are in decent shape. I would think that 90+ should all be the same - check a parts fiche.

I would simply run it with the drilled holes. Not sure what the issue is going to be.

FWIW, I ran the DynoJet kit with the 130 mains and my FZR600 was a terror (V&H Supersport exhaust and K&N [stock airbox]). Not sure what clip I was on (3rd from top maybe).

Darrin
Thanks for joining and participating in the most "active" FZR Community on the internet!
fzrbrandon
Level 7.5
Level 7.5

Post by fzrbrandon »

If you DO decide to replace the slides, I have a set of parts carbs that I'm selling for $20 + shipping if you're interested. Just let me know. Here's a link to my for sale thread so you can see what else is available in the set (you may need to scroll down a bit):

http://www.fzronline.com/forum/viewtopi ... =18&t=9971
Image Image

92 FZR600 - 3EN2 400 swingarm, Micron, DynoJet, Factory Pro, K&N, R6 shock, RT springs/emulators, R6 MC, Galfer, YZF calipers, Vortex, RK, YZF/R6 VR/R, Vortex, Zero Gravity

90 FZR400 - Sharkskinz, D&D, Sudco, DynoJet, Factory Pro, Ohlins, RT springs/emulators, JEM Machine, Woodcraft, NRC, Galfer, Vortex, RK, YZF/R6 VR/R, Vortex, Lockhart Phillips

89 FZR600 - Vance & Hines, DynoJet, Zero Gravity - sold in '91

http://www.fzrbrandon.com

!!! 400 & 600 Parts For Sale !!! viewtopic.php?f=18&t=9971
pefrey
Level 5.5
Level 5.5

Post by pefrey »

Actually it was that set of carbs from your bumped thread that got me thinking. A parts carb is just the ticket. I suppose I could call up Factory Pro and ask them if I can use my drilled out slides.
thatkid
2000+ Posts
2000+ Posts

Post by thatkid »

I think the issues would be the springs. Dyno jet doesn't replace them where factory pro does, if I recall. So you could in theory use the stock springs with the drilled slides and the needles and jets from factory. Although, just like Darren, I had a dynojet in mine and it was right quick with no issues. I didn't drill the slides though. The slides do come apart from the diaphragm in case anyone is wondering.
Do YOU Scopper?

"When some people cry, it's not because they’re weak. It’s because they’ve been strong for far too long."