what rear tire?

FZR600 Forum

Moderators: Site Director, FZR Forum Moderators

DonTZ125

Re: what rear tire?

Post by DonTZ125 »

I must be getting old - I actually had to look that up.

"Hooptie" : Any car that meets the following: a) driver must enter car through passenger side b) three different brand and size tires - 3 of them missing hubcap c) exhaust is held up by half a clothes hanger - other half replaces the antenna d) backfires every three blocks - loudest backfire being when car is turned off e) must open door at drive-throughs as windows don't roll down f) you only get one AM station and the tape deck eats all tapes inserted g) can't open the glove box as the whole thing will fall out h) if you let go of steering wheel while driving you'll make a u-turn i) must manually move blinker lever up and down as it no longer blinks on its own j) must keep one foot on brake and one on accelerator when at a complete stop k) has had the same temporary registration sticker in the window for the last 18 months l) has all the above issues but still has a $200 professional tint job

:hijack:
shredex
2000+ Posts
2000+ Posts

Post by shredex »

thats what I do don.
position myself for corner (butt off to side of corner, get on outside line)
brake till im at a good entering speed
then flop myself over to the one side while pushing on the bar and rolling on the throttle.

I usually hang off more and put my knee out but I was taken the turns to fast there and I didnt want to risk my knee touches so I kept them up.

about the foot positioning...that just a dumb mistake I made...I normally ride with the toes on the peg...even on straight (I find it comfertable) .

I was just going to go the thrift store and find a cheap pair of boots that cover the ankle.
iv got High-top converse, do you guys think that they would be a better option? at least those wont fly off and give angle rash protection

I got debt to pay so Iv been keeping everything really cheap...like..free cheap unless its neccesary.

I would love to find some aftermark rearsets to get mine positioned higher up. was thinking about just making a mounting plate to bolt on with multiple holes.
and I would like a rossi style exhaust so its not as in the way.

I would love a track day so bad. there just so darn expensive. for now though Im just gonna keep doing my sunday runs with the Aimless crew.

once I find my camera, Ill take some video of the patterson run...havent used my tank mount in forever..
Last edited by shredex on Sun Jul 19, 2009 11:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
shredex
2000+ Posts
2000+ Posts

Post by shredex »

sweekster wrote:This will be one of the very few times I'll probably ever really stick up for Shred...

Lay off him guys....

The kid is doing the best he can. He's busy paying off debts, doesn't make that much money, and his bike is his ONLY mode of transportation. At least he's making efforts to become a better rider and not out just being a freeway wheelie pulling squid like a lot of those other assholes that ride I-75. So give him a break. I'm sure he'll get better gear when he can.

In the mean time Shred...be careful and keep learning.
we ride I-75 on the way back every sunday...i cant imagin anyone doing a wheelie on that road.
Im terrified just driving a straight line with two wheels on the ground going speed limit. to many retards on that road that like to just "share" a lane with a motorcycle.

yea im learning. it becomes more fun the more experience I get. Iv grown to love cornering and although I dont expect for me to be able to do a 75 degree lean like rossi, I hope to one day become close. (on the track of course when Im in a good financial state and have a nice 600rr track bike C: )

it sucks that my credit is crap. how will I ever rent an apartment?
my wify said she wont live with me till everything is good.
all I can do is hope for the best and try.
shredex
2000+ Posts
2000+ Posts

Post by shredex »

i dont feel that bad anymore.
I searched through all the patterson pics and snatched up the best lean there was and put it next to one of mine

that shot was right before my foot scrapped at the apex
reelrazor
Wrench
Wrench

Post by reelrazor »

To get back to the original thread topic......

You are liking that Avon aintcha?

I know I do. I like the front just as well-though I have only had it for about a month now.
http://www.michiganmobileservice.com/

“A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.”-Douglas Adams

http://www.youtube.com/user/reelrazor
shredex
2000+ Posts
2000+ Posts

Post by shredex »

i like the pirreli Diablo I have on the front.
So far I really like the Avon. Iv been trying to get people to try them on the other forums because they keep complaining about having to replace there BTO16's and 2tc's after 3k miles.

theres a guy that appearantly has the 006 shinkos or whatever and he has 12k miles on it....but those dont grip in turns to well
yamaha_george
5000+ Posts
5000+ Posts

Post by yamaha_george »

shredex wrote:i dont feel that bad anymore.
I searched through all the patterson pics and snatched up the best lean there was and put it next to one of mine

that shot was right before my foot scrapped at the apex

Guys,
you all worry about Shreds tyre size etc how about his foot size more to the point one of us must have boots tucked in a closet might not be Moto GP but you Forces guys must have spare boots the QM can get you LoL.
He is likes its been said "our collective kid brother" what can we do for family ?
reelrazor
Wrench
Wrench

Post by reelrazor »

shredex wrote:Guys,
you all worry about Shreds tyre size etc how about his foot size more to the point one of us must have boots tucked in a closet might not be Moto GP but you Forces guys must have spare boots the QM can get you LoL.
He is likes its been said "our collective kid brother" what can we do for family ?
I've already explored that a little...wrong size.

I would be willing to kick off a fund with a $5 donation...but don't know how to go about it
http://www.michiganmobileservice.com/

“A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.”-Douglas Adams

http://www.youtube.com/user/reelrazor
the_finch
Level 8.5
Level 8.5

Post by the_finch »

reelrazor wrote:I've already explored that a little...wrong size.

I would be willing to kick off a fund with a $5 donation...but don't know how to go about it
I'd help too. What size do you wear, Shredex? I have an older pair of steel-toed work boots I'm gonna retire soon you can have if they'll fit.
1997 FZR600RJ

Engine: K&N Drop-in air filter - stock airbox - FP 5°ignition advancer - EBC "Street Racer" Kevlar clutch
Exhaust: Stock header - Yoshimura RS-3 Carbon fiber slip-on
Body: Original paint/graphics - Clear Alternatives integrated LED Taillight - Flanders' flush front signals - YZF600 Mirrors - Comp. Werkes Stainless fender eliminator/tag bracket - 60w/55w H4 headlights
Tires: Metzler MEZ4B 120/70 ZR17 Front - Michelin Madacam 100x 150/70 ZR18 Rear
Brakes:Stock rotors with EBC HH Sinstered pads
In the works: YZF600 header, '97 Bandit 600 rear wheel, DynoJet Stage 3, Racetech Springs and Emulators fork rebuild, FZ1 rear shock, YZF600 front MC, Galfer SS Lines, CFM rearsets
shredex
2000+ Posts
2000+ Posts

Post by shredex »

im a size 9.5. some of my shoes have been 10.5 and the also fit. it depends on the shoe brand but i start with a 9.5.

Ill be heading out to some thrift shops to see if I cant find any boots.
if I cant, then im heading to walmart to check out what they have.
I know they have a nice steel toed work boots for $24. my friend has them and they sem nice.

better gear is first on my list after everything is cleared up.
gonna be getting a new helmet, 1-piece suit, and some riding boots.
yamaha_george
5000+ Posts
5000+ Posts

Post by yamaha_george »

shredex wrote:im a size 9.5. some of my shoes have been 10.5 and the also fit. it depends on the shoe brand but i start with a 9.5.

I know they have a nice steel toed work boots for $24. my friend has them and they sem nice.

Shred,
If you are buying a helmet get one of those that opens up from full face to open face much easier when wearing sun glasses .
I have had good results with my TAKACHI and they are sized by head measurement not cheepo small medium large crap.

Does your present jacket have a waiste zip or a back zip if so may be some one has leather pants that can zip to the jacket for the time being as one piece suits (at least here in the UK are starting at almost 700 UKP can you say ouch.
the_finch
Level 8.5
Level 8.5

Post by the_finch »

shredex wrote:im a size 9.5. some of my shoes have been 10.5 and the also fit. it depends on the shoe brand but i start with a 9.5.

The steel toed boots I'm retiring are 10.5 EEE Wolverine Steel toes. All leather, been re-stitched once, and missing some rubber on the sole of one side (left?). I could patch the sole with some shoe goo, though it's near the ball of the foot, so I don't know how well that would work. Let me know if they sound like they'd work.
1997 FZR600RJ

Engine: K&N Drop-in air filter - stock airbox - FP 5°ignition advancer - EBC "Street Racer" Kevlar clutch
Exhaust: Stock header - Yoshimura RS-3 Carbon fiber slip-on
Body: Original paint/graphics - Clear Alternatives integrated LED Taillight - Flanders' flush front signals - YZF600 Mirrors - Comp. Werkes Stainless fender eliminator/tag bracket - 60w/55w H4 headlights
Tires: Metzler MEZ4B 120/70 ZR17 Front - Michelin Madacam 100x 150/70 ZR18 Rear
Brakes:Stock rotors with EBC HH Sinstered pads
In the works: YZF600 header, '97 Bandit 600 rear wheel, DynoJet Stage 3, Racetech Springs and Emulators fork rebuild, FZ1 rear shock, YZF600 front MC, Galfer SS Lines, CFM rearsets