Not running on all cylinders

FZR600 Forum

Moderators: Site Director, FZR Forum Moderators

Burtonrider10022
50+ Posts
50+ Posts

Re: Not running on all cylinders

Post by Burtonrider10022 »

If not I still vote for a compression test. My jetski was running lean (2 cycle, but still...) when I bought it and burnt a hole right through the piston. I knew what was wrong when I bought it but the symptoms presented exactly like yours. A compression test revealed 120 PSI on cyl 1 & 3 and the center cylinder had a whopping 5 PSI. You can rent a compression tester from autoZone for free. I believe someone said that this can give you an early warning on valve issues too?
1994 FZR600R Molested and rigged by the PO... BUT, I got her cheap, and she runs pretty good so I can't really complain!
deduce25
Site Newbie

Post by deduce25 »

Sorry for the delay. I went to autozone to rent one but it wouldn't fit. Ended up buying one but haven't been able to use it. Between the super hot days, raining days and forgetting my wedding anniversary I haven't found the time. I will update it as soon as I can test it out.
JasonRDfan
Level 2.0
Level 2.0

Post by JasonRDfan »

deduce25 wrote:Sorry for the delay. I went to autozone to rent one but it wouldn't fit. Ended up buying one but haven't been able to use it. Between the super hot days, raining days and forgetting my wedding anniversary I haven't found the time. I will update it as soon as I can test it out.
Lol, just be glad your wife didn't kill you.
92 fzr600 Vance & Hines edition, galindo f1 grips, Vance & Hines super sport complete exhaust, oem clutch with Vance & Hines springs, Piaa horn, Hella headlight, Vance & Hines power pak, passenger seat cowl, 07 r6 regulator, ballistic evo2 8 cell, JT 14 tooth sprocket, Joe Florida sportbike multi-color led kit, galindo bar ends,
deduce25
Site Newbie

Post by deduce25 »

I've forgotten it so much she doesnt even get mad anymore. She just buys herself a present and tells me she loves how I always get her exactly what she wants lol
deduce25
Site Newbie

Post by deduce25 »

Ok. Finally got around to it. Compression is 155psi cold across the board. Figured it'd be better to compare them cold. I also trimmed the ignition wires and I think it did the trick. Didn't get a chance to check the exhaust temp yet but it sounded a lot better. Still a little rough but I still need to sync them. Thank you all for the advice. I'm moving on to the next step now.