I just picked up my 1997 FZR 600 with only 52 miles!

FZR600 Forum

Moderators: Site Director, FZR Forum Moderators

Bagelluvr
Site Newbie

Re: I just picked up my 1997 FZR 600 with only 52 miles!

Post by Bagelluvr »

ImageImageImage
yamaha_george wrote:Hmm,
Nice find, certainly in good nick for a bike that age, but the EX-LEA in me does not like the position of the figures in that speedo picture has the hair on the back of my neck in a tizz.

You have it, look after it, I would be keeping it stone stock, just a good detailing & damn the clock, true /false not that relevant
Thanks Miguel. I will definitely keep it stock except I do need to install a lowering link to be more comfortable on the bike. DETAILING will be the next thing I do when I get a chance. I have a 2008 Ninja 250 (baby Ninja) with a Two Brother's full exhaust and that is my main ride right now.
Greg
Bagelluvr
Site Newbie

Post by Bagelluvr »

fzrbrandon wrote:
DonTZ125 wrote:Yeah... This listing was discussed briefly over on the Archives, with a few people calling BS - replacement peanut cover, tank bra, net... A new speedo isn't that hard to install... :headscratch: :shutup: :dubious:
Yep, I was one of the ones calling for caution. I suppose it's possible, however unlikely, that someone bought it, low-sided it (exhaust looks scraped as well), got scared, then stuck it in their garage for 13 years. I just find it very suspect that a 13 year old bike has only 52 miles on it. Not impossible, just unlikely.

Just for kicks, maybe check the valve clearances? :whistle Not sure what the factory shoots for when they roll 'em off the assembly line but if any of those valves are within the last half to quarter of their tolerance range, I'd say the PO BS'ed about the mileage.

Regardless, it looks to be in great cosmetic shape anyway.
Did you see the pictures I posted? I am curious what you think????
pefrey
Level 5.5
Level 5.5

Post by pefrey »

Please take a lot of pictures. I'd like to have some since I have the same bike, but sadly no pictures of its original condition. I bought it new off the showroom floor in August of 97. It does not quite look like that now. My bike now has been painted, it has a YZF600 front end, and a 3TJ rear end with TZR rear wheel.
Bagelluvr
Site Newbie

Post by Bagelluvr »

Click on the link it SHOULd take you to my album. There are 3 pages of pictures.

link
gallery2.php?g2_itemId=23628
pefrey
Level 5.5
Level 5.5

Post by pefrey »

Bagelluvr wrote:Click on the link it SHOULd take you to my album. There are 3 pages of pictures.
LOL I meant of the whole bike. The ones on the trailer are pretty good.