Fresh Gauge Faces

FZR600 Forum

Moderators: Site Director, FZR Forum Moderators

SquadraCorse
Site Newbie

Re: Fresh Gauge Faces

Post by SquadraCorse »

I have the .eps files, and a full set of spare faces. I don't want to distribute my buddies intellectual property for nothing, so I contacted him and asked him if he'd be interested in doing a couple styles for the FZR. When I hear back from him I'll let you guys know. If he's not interested I will have a whack at modifying his file in Adobe Illustrator. I will do a complete writeup on the process this weekend. If you guys have a particular gauge style you like post it up.

I used two flat head screw drivers to pop the needles off. there are special needle pulling tools that look like a mini pry bar, but two flathead screw drivers (one on each 'side' of the needle worked for me. You simply twist them and pop them off. Mine came off without too much trouble.
yamaha_george
5000+ Posts
5000+ Posts

Post by yamaha_george »

SquadraCorse wrote:I have the .eps files, and a full set of spare faces. I don't want to distribute my buddies intellectual property for nothing, so I contacted him and asked him if he'd be interested in doing a couple styles for the FZR. When I hear back from him I'll let you guys know. If he's not interested I will have a whack at modifying his file in Adobe Illustrator. I will do a complete writeup on the process this weekend. If you guys have a particular gauge style you like post it up.

I used two flat head screw drivers to pop the needles off. there are special needle pulling tools that look like a mini pry bar, but two flathead screw drivers (one on each 'side' of the needle worked for me. You simply twist them and pop them off. Mine came off without too much trouble.
Since you are asking about design Plain is good enough for me,

as for his intellectual property that surely can be paid for on a per piece sale surely?

going back to design i have seen a dial set with the Yamaha tuning forks across the dial although Yamaha may bleat about that !

QUESTION:-
anyone know what diam the Ducati 600 ss speedo gauge face is as that has two cut outs and is white and is 16UK Pounds
racerd14666
100+ Posts
100+ Posts

Post by racerd14666 »

since i want mine to be different from every one else's id pay for a correctly scaled blank template with dashes or lines indicating the mph and were to cut out for the odometer and screw holes, or i could just not be lazy and scan the spares i have laying around and make my own lol
Yamaha Certified Technician

But i also work on Ducati's Bmw's Moto Guzzi's and Mv Agusta's Ect.
racerd14666
100+ Posts
100+ Posts

Post by racerd14666 »

bump any word on selling the gauge faces?

ragedigital
4000+ Posts
4000+ Posts

Post by ragedigital »

If someone can scan the gauges and post dimensions, there are several of us who can do graphics for them.

darrin
Thanks for joining and participating in the most "active" FZR Community on the internet!
yamaha_george
5000+ Posts
5000+ Posts

Post by yamaha_george »

ragedigital wrote:If someone can scan the gauges and post dimensions, there are several of us who can do graphics for them.

darrin
THANK YOU Darrin for the offer
fire-medic
Site Newbie

Post by fire-medic »

When your spouse or girlfriend is not looking go to the kitchen and pinch a fork from the cutlery drawer. Slip the tines on either side from underneath and use gentle pressure upwards.
yamaha_george
5000+ Posts
5000+ Posts

Post by yamaha_george »

fire-medic wrote:When your spouse or girlfriend is not looking go to the kitchen and pinch a fork from the cutlery drawer. Slip the tines on either side from underneath and use gentle pressure upwards.
FM,
darn the wife read that over my shoulder whilst bringing me a brew.
now she has sussed out why one of the forks is a tad different in shape, been bugging her for ages and i blamed it on the kids of course, traitor grrr................... :whistle
Jaysushi
Site Newbie

Post by Jaysushi »

Love the new look, definitely a lot cleaner and less cramped like you mentioned.
racerd14666
100+ Posts
100+ Posts

Post by racerd14666 »

if i can figure out how to get the needles apart i can scan them

SquadraCorse
Site Newbie

Post by SquadraCorse »

I'm waiting to hear back from my friend on producing the artwork for some Yamaha gauge faces, I'd like to sell complete gauge face kits on the same high quality vinyl. Since I don't want you all having the same faces as me, I asked him if he'd produce some with a newer R6 feel to them. :banana:

If anyone has any input to how they would like them to look speak up. These could be done on whatever color background you want. I personally think white is the freshest.
racerd14666
100+ Posts
100+ Posts

Post by racerd14666 »

would you mind putting me in contact with him? id like to commission him to do a set for a few bikes if hes reasonably priced

AllanE
Site Newbie

Post by AllanE »

I can supply AutoCAD drawings of the faces (not just FZR600 either..) - I'll need an email address to send them to and constant reminding to go and find them...

Here's a few I did:

old_fogey
Site Newbie

Post by old_fogey »

Very awesome!

It's how I did one of my car's gauges before too .. took me about a week to manually update the graphics to print out on vinyl.

and the use of the PBR to clean the parts is a nice touch :)
-----------------
91 FZR 600
94 FZR 600
jos21802001
50+ Posts
50+ Posts

Post by jos21802001 »

How much would i have to pay to have some one print me out of a set of white face with black r6 style numbers look and FZR on the tach yamaha sign on speedo? I could in stall just not good with photo shoping and printing lol. :tks:

I love the way they all look great jobs
1989 fzr 600 candy silver base coat, black frame ,voltage up-grade amoung much more :)