another vr bites the dust

FZR600 Forum

Moderators: Site Director, FZR Forum Moderators

thatkid
2000+ Posts
2000+ Posts

Re: another vr bites the dust

Post by thatkid »

95FZR600 wrote:Those are great ideas! I need to order one. You say that is a stock one and with no problems once mounted like that? Thats awesome.
None to speak of. I did it because last season there were like 8 people that had VR's melt down on them. I decided to take preventative measures to make sure I didn't have the same fate. So far so good, but I honestly don't even worry about it with that much heat sink around it.
Do YOU Scopper?

"When some people cry, it's not because they’re weak. It’s because they’ve been strong for far too long."
megaloxana
2000+ Posts
2000+ Posts

Post by megaloxana »

You gave that VR some heavy body armor kidd. Normally people slap some thin aluminum under them...not kidd

nice job as always man.
'92 FZR 600
Airtech R1 kit \*/ 520 conversion \*/ 14F-47R gearing
K&N pod filters \*/ Stage 3 jet kit \*/ Factory Pro shift kit \*/ Full V&H SS exhaust
Custom '02 R6 undertail \*/ YZF gas tank \*/ Raised via dogbones \*/ custom flush turnsignals
Full R6 brake set-up \*/ SS lines \*/ Progressive fork springs \*/ ZX2 coilpack

ADD YOURSELF TO THE OFFICIAL FZRONLINE GOOGLE EARTH MAP :bunny :banjoman
thatkid
2000+ Posts
2000+ Posts

Post by thatkid »

megaloxana wrote:You gave that VR some heavy body armor kidd. Normally people slap some thin aluminum under them...not kidd

nice job as always man.
:thumbsup: I'm a big fan of the overkill method. That way I never have to worry about it again.
Do YOU Scopper?

"When some people cry, it's not because they’re weak. It’s because they’ve been strong for far too long."
billy_awesome
Level 2.0
Level 2.0

Post by billy_awesome »

I couldn't ride with confidence knowing that I had a stock FZR VR. For those of you reading this that haven't done the conversion......I hope you have a pickup truck, or a friend that does, because it's going to happen, at some point, your Vr is going down and there is nothing you can do to stop it!
smoktt2020
Site Newbie

Post by smoktt2020 »

Say brew , do you mean the early style VR's , or any stock VR that came on the bike ? Mine has the big one with cooling fins , being the 98 model i think it came with it ..... no conversion done here . 22,000 on the clock .
thatkid
2000+ Posts
2000+ Posts

Post by thatkid »

billy_awesome wrote:I couldn't ride with confidence knowing that I had a stock FZR VR. For those of you reading this that haven't done the conversion......I hope you have a pickup truck, or a friend that does, because it's going to happen, at some point, your Vr is going down and there is nothing you can do to stop it!
I would ride through death valley with confidence with the way mine is heat sinked. The upgraded ones don't even have this much dissipation. :smartass
Do YOU Scopper?