How To: Transmission Work & Diagnosis, Basic Breakdown

FZR600 Forum

Moderators: Site Director, FZR Forum Moderators

releasetc06
Site Newbie

Re: How To: Transmission Work & Diagnosis, Basic Breakdown

Post by releasetc06 »

I have a 98 fzr600.I have this problem but with first. However the weird part is that its only after i am riding and trying to down shift to start again at a stop light? From neutral i have no problem but when i stop and just try to shift down it will get stuck around 2nd or 3rd and wont go into 1st. I have to muscle it a little. This just started so should i follow these steps or move to something else?
jos21802001
50+ Posts
50+ Posts

Post by jos21802001 »

I am looking inot what happened to my 1989 fzr 600 i have NOT pulled apart yet but talking to a few different people i think i bent shift fork or shaft hopefully and nothing more. I have been riding it and ever once in a while it wouldn't go into 2nd first time pull clutch and try again right in everytime well last week riding it went to shift into 2nd and nothing and i had to muscle it to get it to go back into first. now it will go in first and neutral all day. But still no 2nd gear and trying to pull up really stiff and feel bounded up. So i have no real buyers and talked it over with wife and plan on pulling apart in next coulpe days and fixing. My question is i have a 1989 FZR600 and i want to know what year shift shorks and shafts will fit. Also is there any upgraded ones that are stronger? Any one know of a factory pro shift kit ? i see the one for the 98-99 but have not found one for the 89. also was thinking about buying the whole transmisson kit to have everything there incase 2nd gear is gone how much harder is it to put the gears in? also what seals and gaskets will i need to replace. I think it would be nice with the tools you need in write up to put in recommened seals and gasket ect to replace.Would love yamaha parts #'s :) thank you.
:shocker bonkonhead :headbang:
1989 fzr 600 candy silver base coat, black frame ,voltage up-grade amoung much more :)
jos21802001
50+ Posts
50+ Posts

Post by jos21802001 »

Will a transmisson ,shift forks rod ect... from a 96 frz600 work in my 89 correctly? Or should i just get a a set-up that came out of a 89 ?
1989 fzr 600 candy silver base coat, black frame ,voltage up-grade amoung much more :)
Madisonr34
Site Newbie

Post by Madisonr34 »

anyone have the pics to this? they don't seem to work.
ragedigital
4000+ Posts
4000+ Posts

Post by ragedigital »

Madisonr34 wrote:anyone have the pics to this? they don't seem to work.
Try it again... they should appear now.
Thanks for joining and participating in the most "active" FZR Community on the internet!