unknown issue.

FZR600 Forum

Moderators: Site Director, FZR Forum Moderators

cherryfizzer
Site Newbie

unknown issue.

Post by cherryfizzer »

I have a 93 fzr 600 that i can't launch at anything under 4000 rpm. it'll spit, sputter and act like its starving of fuel until it hits 3500. Than it'll will take off but wont go above 6k (in first only). As i shift up the problem clears up. but it idles like its flooding out. i not new to bikes or carbs, but this one has nm beyond f**kin confused. any ideas?
"She may not be the youngest gal at the ball, but she'll turn a head or two"
fzrbrandon
Level 7.5
Level 7.5

Re: unknown issue.

Post by fzrbrandon »

cherryfizzer wrote:it'll spit, sputter and act like its starving of fuel until it hits 3500.
The answer is very likely in the question. Clean your carbs.
Image Image

92 FZR600 - 3EN2 400 swingarm, Micron, DynoJet, Factory Pro, K&N, R6 shock, RT springs/emulators, R6 MC, Galfer, YZF calipers, Vortex, RK, YZF/R6 VR/R, Vortex, Zero Gravity

90 FZR400 - Sharkskinz, D&D, Sudco, DynoJet, Factory Pro, Ohlins, RT springs/emulators, JEM Machine, Woodcraft, NRC, Galfer, Vortex, RK, YZF/R6 VR/R, Vortex, Lockhart Phillips

89 FZR600 - Vance & Hines, DynoJet, Zero Gravity - sold in '91

http://www.fzrbrandon.com

!!! 400 & 600 Parts For Sale !!! viewtopic.php?f=18&t=9971
cherryfizzer
Site Newbie

Post by cherryfizzer »

When i got it, the carbs were a mess and everything a just about screwed. They've been cleaned (all ports, jets, diaphrams, needles, needle seats, mixture screws) and have been synced. it does have a Mr. Gasket 42S fuel pump with no pressure regulator. When i get a chance i will be a adding a Spectre 1-5psi regulator, new fuel filter, clean the tank again and turn the mixture screws 3 to 3 1/2 turns out. i personally believe that the pump was pushing too much fuel in the carbs. it idles fine until put under laod then goes rich as hell. it does have a Factory Pro stage 1 jet kit and a D&D pipe.
"She may not be the youngest gal at the ball, but she'll turn a head or two"
Fizzinatorr
Level 6.5
Level 6.5

Post by Fizzinatorr »

Yeah most likely the aftermarket fuel pump dumping too much fuel

You have the stock headers?
8 Bikes so far...more coming too...Image

Finished my 2000 GSXR 750 -> Link here viewtopic.php?f=68&t=3617