how to clean FZR carburetors (video)

FZR600 Forum

Moderators: Site Director, FZR Forum Moderators

match417
Level 8.0
Level 8.0

Re: how to clean FZR carburetors (video)

Post by match417 »

Thank you for the nice response, George. I too was concerned about the metal string vs the brass until I looked into the composition of guitar strings. At first I thought guitar strings were regular steel or stainless steel. It turns out that the newer guitar strings are tin-coated soft steel for a longer lasting tune. Soft steel is still harder than brass, tin coating is soft but it is little harder than brass and it's not as bad as regular uncoated steel or stainless steel would be (this applies to the two smallest strings on a 6-string guitar, the other 4 strings are wound with another metal and are larger). I do agree that it isn't necessarily the best thing for the jets, which is why I mention only sticking it in once. Aside from soaking them in a bucket of carburetor cleaner, I haven't found anything better than sticking a guitar string in once and spinning the jet on the string. After being verbally abused by the other guy I do admire your gentle response, so thank you.
check out my car and bike projects on http://youtube.com/match417
yamaha_george
5000+ Posts
5000+ Posts

Post by yamaha_george »

Match,
No worries Mawler means well and is my "Alta Ego " according to my wife & business partner. That however what I can deliver eyeball to eye ball but have the benefit of " reading " the persons reaction.

Unfortunately over a medium such as this that "read " is not available so one has to temper the wording to suit. I am sure (from past responses to my words ) that i to can be offensive but time has proven their sensitivity to correction virtually is universal not just to me.

The other benefit I have is having spent a1/3 of my life working with the US military so I know that they tend to be more "polite" when handing "it" out where as we Brit's can be VERY abrasive one moment & drinking with you the next.

One thing Mawler does have is good sound knowledge of his work and his willingness to impart that knowledge , the delivery .......... well hopefully he will mellow when his blood pressure is less active :whistle
Brown Stain
Site Newbie

how to clean FZR carburetors (video)

Post by Brown Stain »

I don't post much here but............that video is just awful. I don't want to come off as a prick but it is. Also, not to rub salt in the wound, it seems that about 90% of info like that on this site is just plain wrong. Sorry, but it is.
DonTZ125

Post by DonTZ125 »

Enough. Posts that read "Your info is wrong and here's why" are useful and welcome. "Your video is awful and you suck" achieves nothing.

Brown Stain - I've just reviewed your posts to date, and you don't seem to be offering a wealth of technical knowledge?

Mal - grow up.

Locked. Match - your thread; if you want it reopened, pm me or another mod.