carb match up.

FZR600 Forum

Moderators: Site Director, FZR Forum Moderators

deathcomesarippin
Site Newbie

carb match up.

Post by deathcomesarippin »

What year carb will match up with a 1995 FZR 600? Will carbs off of a 1989 fit a 1995?
modded air box,
K&N drop in,
race tech fork springs,
R6 header-kerker exhuast,
things to come, 520 conversion, jet kit, yzf front brake calibers
sweekster
2000+ Posts
2000+ Posts

Re: carb match up.

Post by sweekster »

Yes, one of the many things that are interchangeable from 89 through 98. Hell, even 400 carbs will at least make it run.
Duane...
Bike:
1994 Yamaha FZR 1000 EXUP
Factory Pro Stage 1 Jetting | K&N Filter | Corbin Seat | ProTek Keyless Gas Cap | GSXR Mirrors
My Thread
Cage:
2005 Saab 9-7x 5.3i Arc AWD

THE WIKI IS YOUR FRIEND
THE SEARCH IS YOUR SIGNIFICANT OTHER
USE THEM!!
lamer
Site Newbie

Post by lamer »

deathcomesarippin wrote:What year carb will match up with a 1995 FZR 600? Will carbs off of a 1989 fit a 1995?
1989 carbs have a different throttle linkage to later years, and only have 2 screws in the fuel bowls, opposed to later models which have 4 screws in the bowls.

That said , your throttle cables should (with a little work) fit 89 carbs, but why buy 22 year old parts? What's wrong with the ones you have?
Most things can be fixed "stupid" is unfortunately beyond repair
deathcomesarippin
Site Newbie

Post by deathcomesarippin »

Why buy a 22 year old part? becuase my carbs are junk. The carbs Im looking at a pretty clean (and have been cleaned after removal) and were removed off of a running bike. Im just curious what do I have to do to get the throttle linkage to hook up?
modded air box,
K&N drop in,
race tech fork springs,
R6 header-kerker exhuast,
things to come, 520 conversion, jet kit, yzf front brake calibers
lamer
Site Newbie

Post by lamer »

deathcomesarippin wrote:Why buy a 22 year old part? becuase my carbs are junk. The carbs Im looking at a pretty clean (and have been cleaned after removal) and were removed off of a running bike. Im just curious what do I have to do to get the throttle linkage to hook up?
Ah they look clean, they were taken off a running bike then cleaned, they must be perfect. Concerning the linkage difference, I'm sure you will figure that out, its not difficult. You may want to purchase emulsion tubes tho.

Good luck my friend
Most things can be fixed "stupid" is unfortunately beyond repair