r6 tail with passenger seat

FZR600 Forum

Moderators: Site Director, FZR Forum Moderators

gt5094stang
50+ Posts
50+ Posts

r6 tail with passenger seat

Post by gt5094stang »

Does any one have any pics of how they did there rear seat to actually make it functional and if possible side and top pics......i searched on the forum and only found two people who have done but they didn't realy show close up pics of the brackets......

my problem is i have and r1 airtech tail solo seat and the rear frame doesnt have any of the original brackets on it and they were grinded away.

I would like to try and convert my solo seat into a functioning passenger seat
yamaha_george
5000+ Posts
5000+ Posts

Re: r6 tail with passenger seat

Post by yamaha_george »

G,
This is not something that you can "copy" as such. No one here really provides detail drawings with dimensions.

I can tell you what I do when modding seats etc and that is to get the thinnest alloy sheeting I can get (usually 22G) and cut that to make the brackets.

I cut strips about an inch wide and hand form those into the f'glass seat panels to get a good fit.I also make templates of the curves in the body work , so that when I get to working in steel or alloy (depending on the original seat sub frame ) I can be sure of a good fit.

With these alloy trial bits I can double side tape to the frame to be sure of clearances of other components (TDI, fuse boxes,overflow bottles etc.) then pop the new seat paneling over the whole shooting match.

One I am satisfied of the fit and that the support points are valid, I will amke the real ones and just tack them into place.Fit the seat and try it out Gently at fist F'glass does flex but too much flexing will lead to cracking later on.
HTH