Adjustable kickstand for FZR600?

FZR600 Forum

Moderators: Site Director, FZR Forum Moderators

Bagelluvr
Site Newbie

Adjustable kickstand for FZR600?

Post by Bagelluvr »

Anyone have / use an adjustable kickstand? is it better to have mine cut donw and re welded? Any suggestions on where to get one other than $150 ones on Ebay? Use?
CJD
50+ Posts
50+ Posts

Re: Adjustable kickstand for FZR600?

Post by CJD »

Why do you need a shorter kickstand?

if you think it's too long get yourself some jack up dogbones (they should be SHORTER, thnx reelrazor) this will make the bike handle better and also raise the back end of the bike up. My bike leans acutely whilst on the kickstand (I think it's too short)

Just a suggestion $150 :swear
Crying Freeman
50+ Posts
50+ Posts

Post by Crying Freeman »

I have the same problem with my FZR b/c it was lowered by the previous owner. You just have to be careful with parking the bike with the stock side stand.
1998 Yamaha FZR 600
Bagelluvr
Site Newbie

Post by Bagelluvr »

Crying Freeman wrote:I have the same problem with my FZR b/c it was lowered by the previous owner. You just have to be careful with parking the bike with the stock side stand.
This is my excat reason for needing the shorter kickstand. I need to keep the bike low so raising it up is not an option. Right now the bike appears to be a few degrees short of vertical which is VERY scary!
DonTZ125

Post by DonTZ125 »

Why do you need to keep the bike low? If this is a height issue, FZRBrandon is a furtive, Smurf-like creature who would be better suited racing 125GP machinery, but he has very little difficulty with the full-sized machines.

You are doing bad things to either the handling or the ground clearance, possibly both.
Crying Freeman
50+ Posts
50+ Posts

Post by Crying Freeman »

An option is to buy a used FZR600 stand from ebay and then cut an inch or two and weld it back together. That way you can still have the stock one and the shorten one.
1998 Yamaha FZR 600