No response from starting circuit

FZR600 Forum

Moderators: Site Director, FZR Forum Moderators

kudjan89
Site Newbie

No response from starting circuit

Post by kudjan89 »

Well i made another thread about my electrical nighmare that i bought a few weeks ago

now since then i have had the bike running, the only problem is that i cannot start the bike with the start button, when i push it the headlight cuts out and nothing happens

i have replace the oil level sensor, the whole right handle bar assembly (run/stop and start switch), replaced the main relay, i have checked the sidestand switch, and the clutch switch. Now like i said i can get the bike running and have ridden it a bit but i would like that switch to work.

i do have a dying battery but when i am doing my testing i have had a car battery jumping my battery, and i did take it out for a ride yesterday and after about 20 mins of riding it died out on me and i had to push it back to work, and i was reading in another thread about testing the stator and im going to try that now

any ideas you guys can think of for me to try i would like to hear, thanks again
Matt
kudjan89
Site Newbie

Re: No response from starting circuit

Post by kudjan89 »

forgot to mention that i also have replaced the starter solenoid as well
yamaha_george
5000+ Posts
5000+ Posts

Re: No response from starting circuit

Post by yamaha_george »

there is a troubleshooting guide for the electrics in the WIKI :-

http://fzronline.com/wiki/doku.php?id=v ... flow_chart

that should help solve your problems

BUT BEFORE you do anything else check the level & specific gravity of the battery fluid THEN re-charge it