need new downpipes, do the FZR400 ones fit? or any others?

FZR600 Forum

Moderators: Site Director, FZR Forum Moderators

ruddiger
50+ Posts
50+ Posts

need new downpipes, do the FZR400 ones fit? or any others?

Post by ruddiger »

Hi all,
the recent rain & snow has rusted my downpipes/headers through and they have started blowing(4 different holes in the last week.....)
Cant afford to get new ones and have looked on ebay and not much going for 600's
but found a few 400 ones & 1000's.
im sure its a long shot but does anybody know if any other headers would fit the 6?

cheers :)
RuDDiGeR
cad600
1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts

Re: need new downpipes, do the FZR400 ones fit? or any others?

Post by cad600 »

The 400 will bolt up, but not clear the oil pan. The 1K will not even bolt up. This has more to do with the spacing between the ports.

The Foxeye and Thundercat will work, but you will need the entire assemboly (header, mid, and end can). But I would check out a company called Delkevic. They make new Stainless Steel replicas of the OEM header that is very good in price for the FZR600. Only bad part is if you have an EXUP model as the Foxeye Thunercat, and Delkevic headers are non-EXUP versions only I think. Or try a 3TJ header. That one just might work.
Yes, that is a Single Sided Swingarm FZR600 that I built.

Something is lurking, waiting, wanting to be built......It calls to me from the darkness....

I can finally see the light at the end of the tunnel....Then I realize that it is the train coming to run my ass over....
jdugen
Site Newbie

Post by jdugen »

A+ to the Delkevic S/S pipes. They fit well, look well and at £130 (UK) are a steal.
RoadDogma
Level 1.5
Level 1.5

Post by RoadDogma »

I've tried fitting FZR600 pipes to a 3TJ and it was a "no go". The collector pointed downward and fowled on the ground. You might have better luck going the other way, but I wouldn't bet on it.
FZR400 (1WG): Purchased a perfectly good FZR400 with Yoshimura slip-on/EXUP, Yosh jet kit, Factory ignition advance, Racetech springs and emulators. It even had great bodywork. Like some diseased maniac I had to mess with everything good about that bike. Well, at least I have better brakes now.

FZR400RR (3TJ):Yeah, it's pink.
thatkid
2000+ Posts
2000+ Posts

Post by thatkid »

I sell modified R6 headers for the 600 that will bolt up. $130 shipped.
Do YOU Scopper?

"When some people cry, it's not because they’re weak. It’s because they’ve been strong for far too long."
racerd14666
100+ Posts
100+ Posts

Post by racerd14666 »

i got a set that im not gona use that have the one bracket that mounts up to the shock linkage has ben cut off
Yamaha Certified Technician

But i also work on Ducati's Bmw's Moto Guzzi's and Mv Agusta's Ect.
RoadDogma
Level 1.5
Level 1.5

Post by RoadDogma »

I would think post from the States would be prohibitive, but I'll join the others who have come forward. I've got a set of un-used Delkevic SS pipes (4 into 2 into 1) for a 600 if you are inclined to go that way.
FZR400 (1WG): Purchased a perfectly good FZR400 with Yoshimura slip-on/EXUP, Yosh jet kit, Factory ignition advance, Racetech springs and emulators. It even had great bodywork. Like some diseased maniac I had to mess with everything good about that bike. Well, at least I have better brakes now.

FZR400RR (3TJ):Yeah, it's pink.
ruddiger
50+ Posts
50+ Posts

Post by ruddiger »

Cheers guys,

yeah a few of them sound good but im based in the UK and assume shipping would be some rediculous price.....
maigh have something sorted but not yet. Delkevics would be sweet but too rich for my blood!(student at the mo) so looking like ill have to go for second hand
RuDDiGeR
yamaha_george
5000+ Posts
5000+ Posts

Post by yamaha_george »

ruddiger wrote:Cheers guys,

yeah a few of them sound good but im based in the UK and assume shipping would be some rediculous price.....
maigh have something sorted but not yet. Delkevics would be sweet but too rich for my blood!(student at the mo) so looking like ill have to go for second hand
R,
If you have anyone around you that can weld then R6 headers work with a bit of "tweeking" some where on this site there are comparisons between R6 & fzr600 header pipes in pictures (with mods shown) so you can follow that.

I will say sorry up front to our American cousin who pioneered this conversion but hope he understands that shipping from the States is a very expensive overhead at present. Right now the term "rip-off" Britain comes to mind at the prices being asked for services here & this is deepening the financial depression more than it should be. GREED is the WORD for 2011 here in the UK.
cad600
1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts

Post by cad600 »

yamaha_george wrote:Right now the term "rip-off" Britain comes to mind at the prices being asked for services here & this is deepening the financial depression more than it should be. GREED is the WORD for 2011 here in the UK.
I think that applies to every part of the world right now. The jack holes that are getting work are starting to up there prices because they think they are the only game in town. If you look around, I'm sure you can find a place that is willing to make a deal. lots of places here are doing work at below cost just to have some sort of revenue coming in. It keeps the banks happy if you can prove that you are collecting money even if it is not enough (for the time being).

But Delkevic is a UK based company. Unfortunatly, the prices and higher taxes you guys have there means that the price is not 100% equal. US price is $169 for the SS FZR600 header, but the UK price is $140. Under the currency conversion, the UK headers should only be $107. I hope the idiot politicians here don't get the VAT passed. If they do, it will be the end of good pricing and products here.
Yes, that is a Single Sided Swingarm FZR600 that I built.

Something is lurking, waiting, wanting to be built......It calls to me from the darkness....

I can finally see the light at the end of the tunnel....Then I realize that it is the train coming to run my ass over....
ruddiger
50+ Posts
50+ Posts

Post by ruddiger »

thanks for the help guys, managed to get the pipe patched up for the moment so think ill wait and save up to get a new set.

cheers
RuDDiGeR