FZR600 Forum

Moderators: Site Director, FZR Forum Moderators

FZR AL
Site Newbie

need a bit of help guys

Post by FZR AL »

I have a 3he genesis,

i had it fully serviced for the summer tickover 11k

the first issue is on start up i always let it warm up before riding it, when i select first it always stalls this happens 4-5 times before i can set off

second after a ride out i called in at a mates for 1 hour , on setting back of i put on a qtr choke ,it always need choke full on a cold start qtr on re start anyway i had set off home and theres a road near home where you can give it some, went through the gears but when hitting 4th i let the revs off to change gear but when putting the throttle back on there was a delay in the power coming back on ,this happened in 5th as well, no pops or bangs just a slight delay which was very noticable it goes like stink but just concerned over these couple of issues

when i got home i had realised i had left a qtr choke on could this be the reason with it been running too rich? not tried it since

look forward to your responses

cheers
al
If all else fails (hit it with a big hammer)
ragedigital
4000+ Posts
4000+ Posts

Re: need a bit of help guys

Post by ragedigital »

Well, it sounds like you're running lean at start-up. The "good news" is that it could be a simple twist (outward / counter-clockwise) of the IMS (Idle Mixture Screws) located at the bottom of each carb. I would; however, make sure that each carb is set properly which means doing it while running and checking each header for equal temperatures at idle.

While the "choke" may the be culprit, you may be running lean in another part of the circuit leaving the engine starving for fuel. A float may be not opening properly or some other build-up may be occurring. You could always start with something easy like "Seafoam" or other engine fuel system cleaner. Otherwise, it sounds like it is time to thoroughly clean the the carbs and sync them.
Thanks for joining and participating in the most "active" FZR Community on the internet!