Carb tools??? WHICH ONES?

FZR600 Forum

Moderators: Site Director, FZR Forum Moderators

joeyraines
50+ Posts
50+ Posts

Carb tools??? WHICH ONES?

Post by joeyraines »

Its time for me to invest some more money in tools, I figure it would be nice to get some carb tools while Im at it. What should I get to tune and sync my FZR 600 Carbs? Is there a way to make the sync tool thats cheaper? IDK
modkingfzr600
100+ Posts
100+ Posts

Re: Carb tools??? WHICH ONES?

Post by modkingfzr600 »

get the motion pro carb synch tool, i think they are around $80 bucks.
megaloxana
2000+ Posts
2000+ Posts

Post by megaloxana »

'92 FZR 600
Airtech R1 kit \*/ 520 conversion \*/ 14F-47R gearing
K&N pod filters \*/ Stage 3 jet kit \*/ Factory Pro shift kit \*/ Full V&H SS exhaust
Custom '02 R6 undertail \*/ YZF gas tank \*/ Raised via dogbones \*/ custom flush turnsignals
Full R6 brake set-up \*/ SS lines \*/ Progressive fork springs \*/ ZX2 coilpack

ADD YOURSELF TO THE OFFICIAL FZRONLINE GOOGLE EARTH MAP :bunny :banjoman
Travis
Site Newbie

Post by Travis »

Make one like I did:

match417
Level 8.0
Level 8.0

Post by match417 »

i used to rebuild carbs for a living, you don't need special tools or a carb synch (so don't waste $80). Synching the carbs just adjusts the butterflies to all flow the same amount of air while it is running. When you have them off the bike to clean them, just visually look at the butterflies and adjust them using the screws between the carbs until all of the butterflies are closed with no light showing through the crack of the opening of the butterfly, then use the idle adjuster screw to open them up a little for idle. Or you can do it while it's running by adjusting the screws and feeling the tops of the carbs (with no airbox on it) until they all feel like they are sucking the same amount of air. When you do this you'll have to adjust your choke too, because it might not work after the adjustment of the butterflies. And BE CAREFUL with your diaphragms when you take the carbs apart, don't clean them with anything aside from carefully wiping them off with a cloth, only clean the slide and where the slide slides in the carbs. Soak the jets in carb cleaner and buy a set of guitar strings and use the smallest one to poke through the jets and swirl it around, then spray them with carb cleaner..repeat if you want. use a can of compressed air (or an air compressor) and carb cleaner to blow out the passages in the carbs until clean carb cleaner is coming out.. and get rid of gunk in the float bowl, it will just clog up your carbs again, if your bike hasn't ran in a while, replace your fuel lines, filter, and clean out your tank, because the old gas gunk will just clog up your carbs again when it's loosened up with good gas. The only special tool you'll need (but you don't really need it) is a T-handle phillips screwdriver to keep from stripping out the screws on the carbs (happens alot). Everything else..phillips, flathead, 5/16 wrench and maybe needle nose.
check out my car and bike projects on http://youtube.com/match417