Tail light upgrade

FZR600 Forum

Moderators: Site Director, FZR Forum Moderators

erawtik
50+ Posts
50+ Posts

Tail light upgrade

Post by erawtik »

Well i got tired of that ugly tail light so for now this is what im going to run $25 upgrade :)

95FZR600
2000+ Posts
2000+ Posts

Re: Tail light upgrade

Post by 95FZR600 »

Thats different and looks bright enough to back it into the garage.
2002 Yamaha R6-----2003 Yamaha R6

erawtik
50+ Posts
50+ Posts

Post by erawtik »

i was only a foot away when takin the pic.......now when i get money il do the r6 that look is way to cool but for now this imo looks better than stock
95FZR600
2000+ Posts
2000+ Posts

Post by 95FZR600 »

erawtik wrote:i was only a foot away when takin the pic.......now when i get money il do the r6 that look is way to cool but for now this imo looks better than stock

Explain a little. What kind? Where did you buy?
2002 Yamaha R6-----2003 Yamaha R6

erawtik
50+ Posts
50+ Posts

Post by erawtik »

Well I bought the light at autozone and I think the brand was Blazer.
yamaha_george
5000+ Posts
5000+ Posts

Post by yamaha_george »

erawtik wrote:Well i got tired of that ugly tail light so for now this is what im going to run $25 upgrade :)
Nice looking BUT is it legal in all states In the UK lights have to be E marked as being legal according to EU law (PITA)
PIMPMYFZR
1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts

Post by PIMPMYFZR »

that is a replacemnt LED brake light for a cargo trailer .. but as you see now its also a fzr replacement tailight ..lol nice job i always wondered if that thing works on our bikes ..ive seen them and thought about it but it wont fit into my airtech tail without hacking the fiberglass to make it fit
2002 R1 9k miles , Hotbodies undertail , Chopped Hindle Hi Mount , Solo Seat cowl,Frame sliders, little yellow yamaha wheel stickers .hehe
94' 600RR SOLD**
hid xenon
airtek solo tail
time for a 1000
R.I.P DaD 2/17/09 Your in my <3 always
Luke-a-Tron
Level 2.0
Level 2.0

Post by Luke-a-Tron »

I want to do two round brake lights to go with the headlights. I hate fiber glass splinters too much though.
erawtik
50+ Posts
50+ Posts

Post by erawtik »

Ya i liked the round ones they have but they where pretty big and that would mean some fiberglass modding. Dont know if it worth the time and effort to do it or just do the R6 tail. The good thing if you where to do the 2 rounds you can use them for blinker as well. :headscratch: :headscratch: mabey i should this winter
bobee
Site Newbie

Post by bobee »

My tail light also wired as integrated blinkersImageImage
1993 FZR with flat black bodywork,charcoal gray framework, Titax shorty levers and a chopped M4 carbon fiber exhaust.
Target30
Level 7.5
Level 7.5

Post by Target30 »

i did this once, unfortunately i couldnt get the angle of the leds right to shine bright enough to see real well in the daylight. went with an ebay undertail. but it was fun to figure out at least! i like your taillight, looks newer, and bright, a great upgrade.

I did that.

"(12:38:42) sweekster: i work when i want because i'm sweeks"
Dborne1
Site Newbie

Post by Dborne1 »

Looks great! Any ideas of how many amps it draws? May have a charging issue if too much? Usually LEDs draw less so it might be ok.
1992 Yamaha FZR600 california model. Bridgestone bt014's, 520 kit (14-47), rear spoils, Vance&Hines slip on, 1997 header w/o Exup, Gsxr600 steering stabilizer(custom set-up), R6 mirrors, (custom made) chain guard.Stock air box w/ K&N filter. Vortex bar end sliders.
Slotted pick up coil approx. 3 degrees.
Scorpion exo-700 helmet(San Diego House of Motorcycles)
Frank Thomas jacket (cycle Gear)customed zippers to fit-
my alpine stars pants(craigslist)
Held gloves ( bought in Greece) &
Alpine stars smx boots(craigslist)
zero9243
Level 8.5
Level 8.5

Post by zero9243 »

looks a little off center? maybe its just me
Upgrades:
  • Barnett Clutch------------------------------------------R6 Blue Dots, Front Master Brake Cylinder+Reservoir
    WP Adjustable Rear Shock----------------------------Vortex 520 Conversion with RK GB520GXW Chain
    V&H Header (4-1)--------------------------------------Swingarm Spool Mounts
    Cobra F1r Exhaust Can--------------------------------R6 Voltage Regulator
    Flo-Commander with Remote-------------------------Custom Airtech Passenger Seat
    Stage 7 Jet kit with Diffuser Caps--------------------Factory Pro Nickel Emulsion Tubes
    Wiseco 630 Kit------------------------------------------Custom Frame Slider Mounts
    Modking Hydraulic Clutch Kit--------------------------Hella Projection Headlight with Xentec HID Kit (H9 Bulb)
    Modking Aluminum Radiator Overflow Bottle--------

Luke-a-Tron
Level 2.0
Level 2.0

Post by Luke-a-Tron »

bobee wrote:My tail light also wired as integrated blinkersImageImage
Ghetto fabulous! I'm surprised it looks as good as it does. Integrated signals are a bad idea though. From any more than 5 feet away it gets really hard to tell which way you're turning. A lot of the time it's hard to even tell it's doing anything or if your just braking. A bad idea IMO.

If you put red LEDs in a red housing, you won't get much light out unless the lens is the exact right color of red. The red lens filters out light that is not of a particular wavelength. Since LEDs emit light only in a narrow band of wavelength, unless the lens is just the right color, most of the light will be filtered out. White LEDs emit a much broader spectrum of light and are way more likely to emit a wavelength that gets through the filter.
PIMPMYFZR
1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts

Post by PIMPMYFZR »

Dborne1 wrote:Looks great! Any ideas of how many amps it draws? May have a charging issue if too much? Usually LEDs draw less so it might be ok.
Ive left some led's on allnight <forgot them on> and my bike started right up , now my HIDS are hardwired with a toggle if i forget those on .. then im :swear
2002 R1 9k miles , Hotbodies undertail , Chopped Hindle Hi Mount , Solo Seat cowl,Frame sliders, little yellow yamaha wheel stickers .hehe
94' 600RR SOLD**
hid xenon
airtek solo tail
time for a 1000
R.I.P DaD 2/17/09 Your in my <3 always