Any one know how to bypass high/low beam switch?

FZR600 Forum

Moderators: Site Director, FZR Forum Moderators

Harrysf707
100+ Posts
100+ Posts

Any one know how to bypass high/low beam switch?

Post by Harrysf707 »

So exactly what the title says. Lost headlights in the front, checked the bulb with a new one, and still not working. Gauges still illuminate (So it's not the starter). If I toggle the high low beam fast enough the lights start working, and or hold down the high beam switch down really hard.

I have already tried to unscrew the two Philips head screws from the bottom of the entire switch assembly, but they were already stripped. And apparently the previous owner used some sort of plastic epoxy to seal the two ends of the assembly, no amount of prying works, unless I'm willing to destroy the damned thing (Which I'm not).

Any ideas on how to install a separate switch bypass just for the headlights?

-Thanks!
1993 FZR 600 w/ 92' front fairing swap, 520 conversion, Yoshimura R&D Exhaust, RaceTech springs.
willandrip
Level 7.0
Level 7.0

Re: Any one know how to bypass high/low beam switch?

Post by willandrip »

Expose the switch harness by cutting back the outer sheath and select the wires on the lighting circuit. (Identify via. wiring dia.)
Cut and extend the wires inserting an on/off switch between the two, isolate the defunct cut ends with tape/blind connectors, retape sheath.

Why would you bother...
Your switch is already fubar.

A good used switch is all of $15... lol.
Sent from my keyboard using the English language not some teen text shite from a fooking phone.