2 types of riders

FZR600 Forum

Moderators: Site Director, FZR Forum Moderators

mossyoakboy
50+ Posts
50+ Posts

2 types of riders

Post by mossyoakboy »

My old man told me there are types of motorcycle riders in the world, those who have gone down, and those who are going to go down,
So today i moved from one category of rider to another.....

No real problems with me or the bike, i finally restricted enough air that i could get some throttle response out of it and so i started riding laps around my apartment complex, which happens to have some speed bumps, since my bike sits kinda low, those tend to cause problems [emoji1] so i was going around it by the curb, i had slowed down and was braking and had the clutch engaged so the bike wasnt under power, and of course since its shortly after winter there is enough sand for a small beech party on the roads, and i happened to let go of the clutch a little too fast and a little too soon on this one particular speed bump..... spun the tire, fish tailed in the sand and bounched off the speed bump with the back tire and away the bike went and down i came.... sortly followed by the bike..... hurt my ego more than anything.... mainly because i was only in 1st gear... maybe 2nd doing like 10mph tops..... so yea i had a good start and a crappy finish to my day of motorcycle fun......
Combat Engineers, Shaping the Battlefield one explosion at a time!!

bike: '91 fzr600

cage: '99 f150
ragedigital
4000+ Posts
4000+ Posts

Re: 2 types of riders

Post by ragedigital »

Sorry to hear that. Glad to hear it was at low speed though.

Darrin
Thanks for joining and participating in the most "active" FZR Community on the internet!
_Will_
Level 5.5
Level 5.5

Post by _Will_ »

I'll always remember when I'd been riding for two weeks, I made a slow speed detour into a gravel driveway during my first big ride. My initial thought after getting up was "well, glad I got that over with"; followed shortly by declaring it was time to grab some lunch. Welcome to the club.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
DonTZ125

Post by DonTZ125 »

I guess it was after my second asphalt expedition that I decided that riding with the house keys in the back pocket of my Jeans. Thankfully I was wearing full race leathers - including armoured knee caps - the day I crossed streetcar tracks in a howling monsoon. Left knee, full weight, slammed straight onto bare steel. Then I went racing, and got swept up by the corner workers a few times ... :whistle