TTR Systems - A New e-Business

Moderators: Site Director, FZR Forum Moderators

DonTZ125

TTR Systems - A New e-Business

Post by DonTZ125 »

They say one of the best ways to force yourself to do something is to tell your friends about it. That way, if you wuss out, you look like a complete idiot! :rofl:

On that note - Introducing TTR Systems, a small (basement) business focusing on electronics and electricals for the Yamaha FZR family of bikes. The initial product line will be as follows:

1. FZR TCI repair / exchange service ($75-100)
2. FZR Voltage Regulator Adaptor Harness (4-pin FZR harness connector to 6-pin YZF/R6 VRR; $25-30)
3. FZR Voltage Overload Interrupter (15.5vdc at TCI cuts power to ignitor; $50-75)
4. MicroSpark Programmable Ignitor (MegaSquirt variant, SMT, 2-channel spark only; $175-200)
  • a. General install, wire bundle (no connectors), VR/Hall sensor board
    b. FZR install, specific connectors, FZR trigger board
    c. YZF600 install, specific connectors(?!), YZF600 trigger board**
5. FZR Trigger Wheel Adaptor Board, for MicroSquirt / MegaSquirt EFI systems ($35-40)
6. YZF Trigger Wheel Adaptor Board, for MicroSquirt / MegaSquirt EFI systems** ($35-40)

** - design tbd

The MicroSpark (working name) is a design in progress, with which I'm hoping to go to prototype soon. I've been talking to B&G (MegaSquirt owners), and they've authorised me to go to prototype while working on my business plan before they (hopefully!) grant me a license to go to production.

Thoughts and comments, rude or otherwise? Any suggestions of things you'd like to see?
apsolus
Level 2.5
Level 2.5

Re: TTR Systems - A New e-Business

Post by apsolus »

awesome don, if i ever need your services ill hit you up. make sure you add your services to you signiture so we dont forget what you offer us!
Freestyle72
Level 4.0
Level 4.0

Post by Freestyle72 »

Since I am planning on fuel injecting my bike I am super interested in microspark. And you are more than welcome to use my bikes for testing if need be. I have a stock FZR400 and a YZF/FZR cross you can test on. Basically as far as ignition goes the FZR/YZF cross will behave exactly like the 600.

So if you need access to those to help your project move along I would be more than happy to have you over. Or even trailer my bikes to your place. I live in Milton.
reelrazor
Wrench
Wrench

Post by reelrazor »

Awesome Don!

That's a great niche and could very well expand into a much larger niche, like older bikes in general.

DonTZ125 wrote:4. MicroSpark Programmable Ignitor (MegaSquirt variant, SMT, 2-channel spark only; $175-200)
a. General install, wire bundle (no connectors), VR/Hall sensor board
b. FZR install, specific connectors, FZR trigger board
c. YZF600 install, specific connectors(?!), YZF600 trigger board**
5. FZR Trigger Wheel Adaptor Board, for MicroSquirt / MegaSquirt EFI systems ($35-40)
6. YZF Trigger Wheel Adaptor Board, for MicroSquirt / MegaSquirt EFI systems** ($35-40)

** - design tbd

"trigger board"....??
To deal with the stock timing trigger bumps? Or do you plan on making/having made a 36-1 wheel?
http://www.michiganmobileservice.com/

“A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.”-Douglas Adams

http://www.youtube.com/user/reelrazor
DonTZ125

Post by DonTZ125 »

Hi, folks. Thanks for the good thoughts! This is going to be ... interesting ... but hopefully fun as well!

Freestyle - thanks for the offer. I haven't forgotten you, and if you don't mind I may be sending you things in the mail to test for me.

Jim - I want to offer full native support for the stock trigger system. The standard MegaSquirt code simply cannot handle "long tooth" trigger wheels; the FZR family (along with about 90% of Japanese bikes made up until the late '90s) uses a 1-long+3-short bumps pattern on the flywheel. I'm just about ready to go to alpha prototype on a board that will turn that pattern into a 4-0/1 pattern that can be read by any MS variant. (The YZF600 uses a 2-long+1-short; I plan to sort that one out as well).

A 36-1 wheel is not an 'adaptation'; it is major surgery! :dubious:

Based on discussions on the Archives, I am reminded to add the following items to the list of products:
7. MAP (engine vacuum) module, to allow 3-D ignition mapping against engine load (the FZR does not lend itself to adding a throttle position sensor), $50-60
8. FZR TCI tester / stimulator, $75-100. Might sell it for $100-150, rent it for $25/week - this would definitely fall into the 'special tool' category, and wouldn't be needed that often.
yamaha_george
5000+ Posts
5000+ Posts

Post by yamaha_george »

Don,
What can I say except:-
WELL DONE THAT MAN!