Quick Shift Inline Sensor - Update

Moderators: Site Director, FZR Forum Moderators

DonTZ125

Quick Shift Inline Sensor - Update

Post by DonTZ125 »

As some of you may recall (it's been a while), I've been investigating the possibilities of making and selling inline sensors to go with the Quick Shift controller I've designed. The biggest hold-up has been in finding a machine shop that will actually give me a price for the machined bits that hold the actual sensor!

If I buy one set of machined parts, it will cost me just under $1000. Ahem.

If I buy a set of components for a run of 10 units, I need to charge $250 each. Moving further along, if I someday become famous enough to buy in lots of 50 sets, I can sell them for $150 each and keep the same margin per unit.If there is sufficient interest, I will do a run of 10 and the soon-to-be-famous TTR Ignition Inline Sensor will become a reality.

What you get for your $250 (plus shipping):
- a little box with wiring that plugs straight into your TCI and wiring
- a little aluminum tube with steel threaded rods sticking out that easily and directly replaces your shift rod
- wiring that runs from the little aluminum tube and plugs straight into the little box

For an extra $25, you get a built-in rev limiter that can be used for launch control, as well as a bar-mounted push button and wiring that plugs right into the button and the little box.

Launch RPM and shift cut time are easily adjusted using pots in the controller box.

I have two guys who've used the quick shifter with push button, and are delighted with it. One fellow has used also the launch controller, and just loves it. (Both comments on the FZRArchives)

Any takers?
tclayton9
Level 2.5
Level 2.5

Re: Quick Shift Inline Sensor - Update

Post by tclayton9 »

ok I am interested in learning more about this. Can you give me a little more details on what this product does.
DonTZ125

Re: Quick Shift Inline Sensor - Update

Post by DonTZ125 »

This is a race-only unit, allowing WFO clutchless upshifts. This shaves fractions of a second off every shift; given that there are 20-30 upshifts per lap, this adds up pretty quick. It's pretty pointless on the street.

This is my original post for the Quick Shifter; more info can be found therein.