Replacement vance&hines canister

Moderators: Site Director, FZR Forum Moderators

haha30
Site Newbie

Replacement vance&hines canister

Post by haha30 »

Hello all i am a newbie street rider and bought my first street bike this year for 400$. It,s a 87 fz 600 and i love it.

My question for you all is i love the way my bike sounds with the vance&hines muffler but had some serious road rash i was able to sand and buff out. My new problem is now after a very close call with being to new to riding on the freeway going to fast in a curve almost hitting a broken down car on the freeway in the curve and smacking the bike into the wall and guard rail my muffler canister is smashed.

I checked on the parts unlimited site and found a new replacement canister for like a early fzr 600 or 750-(i cant remember) the model of the exhaust is for a ssr2 and looks just like mine. Does anybody know if i could use this and or is it the samething i have.

Another option i have is a have a slip on from a 08 zx 14 i could cut down and weld up a pipe to fit my header. But i would like to use what i still have on the bike. Thanks for any info
ratbikesforever
Site Newbie

Re: Replacement vance&hines canister

Post by ratbikesforever »

Check this out
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Yamaha-F ... ccessories
If you dont like this one keep checking ebay and the parts for sale forum here. You will find something.

You could make about anything work if you are willing to do some cutting and welding.

Please slow down and take the time to get your skills up! Ride with some experienced riders and ask questions! Maybe take a safety class. You wont get to many chances to hit things and get away with it!
89 FZR 600 Rat. Paid $500.00 in winter of 08
Since then: Factory Pro emulsion tubes, Factory Pro jetting
520 chain and sprockets 15/48
4.00 x 18 rear wheel
Shinko 006 tires
Kawasaki ZX9 front master cylinder and 2 line braided hoses
R6 VR
Fresh paint on bodywork and wheels
Working on R6 shock and 4 piston brakes
Still a rat but it's fun
Other rides in the stable
2000 DRZ400S 99 KDX220 99 XR100 81 PW50 81 NC50
apsolus
Level 2.5
Level 2.5

Post by apsolus »

just met a very skilled rider. he shown me more in one day than 4 yrs of me just "learning" on my own. and its amazing what the proper technique can do. ive seen a magazine article before and it stated the ssr2 is on th quiet side squid
haha30
Site Newbie

Post by haha30 »

I dont have a clue what model of exhaust i have or what all vance and hines made for the 87 fz 600. i dont want to fork out the 40 bucks or more if the size is bigger or it is the oval shaped one that i have seen. I have the round style.