Fz400 needing an ecu unit

Moderators: Site Director, FZR Forum Moderators

Tazbabes87
Site Newbie

Fz400 needing an ecu unit

Post by Tazbabes87 »

Hiya guys. I have an fz400 86. She is being a pain. Had new coils spark plugs and ht caps but still producing a very week spark. I was wondering if any of you know whether there is another ecu unit that can be used with this bike.

Thanks. taz.
TomcatMJ
Level 2.5
Level 2.5

Re: Fz400 needing an ecu unit

Post by TomcatMJ »

http://www.400greybike.com/forum/viewto ... 37&t=50415 mighjt be helpful for checking the resistancevalues of your coils,sounds like your not using the proper coils for this bike so that theres too low voltage coming out the sparkplugs end. Check the resistance of the primary and the secondary coils for comparision, if the multiplier ind the relation of both values is too low, the resulting voltage would be either and if thats fact there might be a solution with using other coils or with lower shielded sparkplugs/wires because theres also a resistance for shielding purposes inside, usually 10kOhm,but will work with 5kOhm either, with 0kOhm too but this might cause a lot of radio-interferences which might result in stressing neighbours ;)
"The social dynamics of the net are a direct consequence of the fact that nobody has yet developed a Remote Strangulation Protocol." -- Larry Wall
Want Pics? Then have a look at my galleries...different topics: Bike and Car restauration, exhibitions, Trackdays (no, not me on the Track until now), carneval in cologne, other things.. ;)
TomcatMJ
Level 2.5
Level 2.5

Post by TomcatMJ »

http://www.bikebitz.co.nz/bitz/yamaha/f ... 38_-detail <-Found this in the net...46X is the Modelcode of a FZ400R and not, as many Shops seem to think, of an FZR 400, so i guess this might fit your FZ40, too ;)
"The social dynamics of the net are a direct consequence of the fact that nobody has yet developed a Remote Strangulation Protocol." -- Larry Wall
Want Pics? Then have a look at my galleries...different topics: Bike and Car restauration, exhibitions, Trackdays (no, not me on the Track until now), carneval in cologne, other things.. ;)
Tazbabes87
Site Newbie

Post by Tazbabes87 »

Thanks for the advice guys.

I have tried using original could as well as new ones but both giving same results.