The Right Jacket! (stop sweating)

Like the jacket you're wearing? Got a special pair of boots? Tell us about it!

Moderators: Site Director, FZR Forum Moderators

Brutal Tooth
50+ Posts
50+ Posts

The Right Jacket! (stop sweating)

Post by Brutal Tooth »

I heard that there was alot of convo going on about people sweating while riding their bikes. I don't seem to have this problem with my TourMaster jacket that I got at a local dealership for around $200. I like the fact that it has 3 easy installation layers that offer the ability to ride through all the seasons. Living in Texas, I get to experience all seasonal weather within a short period of time. I even ride with it in the rain, :)

Now back to the layers... The more layers you have on, the warmer you get... obv. So lets start with the first layer, It is a mesh jacket, SUPER breathable, and keeps the sun off my skin while holding the armor in its place.

Second layer is breathable (like a sweat-shirt) that can be added in when it gets around 75-80 deg.

The third layer is pretty much impermeable and holds all body heat in and keeps all cool air out for those cold (70 and under) riding times. It also has a zipper on the third layer to help trap the air in. If only you could tuck in into your pants, you'd be all set. All the layers have spots and slots to strap into eachother so the jacket doesnt get tangled up when you put it on or take it off.

Also a bonus is the labels are easy to cut off. If you don't like being labeled with brand names that much or there is simply WAY too much, you can get a knife and cut the thread that is holding them on. I took off 3 labels while sitting on the pot w/o damaging the jacket or its ability to function properly. Reason I mention this is because sometimes taking the stitching out of something to remove the brand name can sometimes ruin the product.
delvryboy
Level 5.0
Level 5.0

Re: The Right Jacket! (stop sweating)

Post by delvryboy »

Can you post a link to the exact jacket?
'92 FZR600
Race Tech Springs & Gold Valve Emulators * '06 R6 MC & Calipers * '06 R6 Rear Shock
130 Dynojet Mains/Pods/Flo-Comander * Full Yoshi Exhaust w/ Custom Can
'06 R6 VR * Full OEM Clutch * 14/49 520 Gearing
Seca II Triple w/ Modded Sport Tour Bars * Aztec8 Dual 4" w/ 4100K Halagon lamps * LED Tail/Turn Signals * Vapor Gauges
Lots of Powder
yamaha_george
5000+ Posts
5000+ Posts

Post by yamaha_george »

Brutal Tooth wrote:I heard that there was alot of convo going on about people sweating while riding their bikes. I don't seem to have this problem with my TourMaster jacket that I got at a local dealership for around $200. I like the fact that it has 3 easy installation layers that offer the ability to ride through all the seasons. Living in Texas, I get to experience all seasonal weather within a short period of time. I even ride with it in the rain, :) Now back to the layers... The more layers you have on, the warmer you get... obv. So lets start with the first layer, It is a mesh jacket, SUPER breathable, and keeps the sun off my skin while holding the armor in its place. Second layer is breathable (like a sweat-shirt) that can be added in when it gets around 75-80 deg. The third layer is pretty much impermeable and holds all body heat in and keeps all cool air out for those cold (70 and under) riding times. It also has a zipper on the third layer to help trap the air in. If only you could tuck in into your pants, you'd be all set. All the layers have spots and slots to strap into eachother so the jacket doesnt get tangled up when you put it on or take it off.
Also a bonus is the labels are easy to cut off. If you don't like being labeled with brand names that much or there is simply WAY too much, you can get a knife and cut the thread that is holding them on. I took off 3 labels while sitting on the pot w/o damaging the jacket or its ability to function properly. Reason I mention this is because sometimes taking the stitching out of something to remove the brand name can sometimes ruin the product.

:worthlesswithoutpics:
Target30
Level 7.5
Level 7.5

Post by Target30 »

:stupid

its kinda funny to see peoples reactions to hot and cold in different regions. 75-80 up here and i would be trying to ride without a shirt on! not that i do that, i always have my gear on, one trip into the side of a car and you learn pretty quickly. probably 70-60 i would have a lightweight jacket on, 60-50 i'll put my heavier jacket on, 50-40 i'll zip in the liner.

but i digress....PICS!!!!!!
I did that.

"(12:38:42) sweekster: i work when i want because i'm sweeks"
kilika2
1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts

Post by kilika2 »

I don't know if this is the exact jacket he is talking about. But here is mine. I got it for 115 w/o the inside jacket because I had a jacket from another coat that worked. I have the blue one. Mine's the previous years style. Smaller blue stripe.

http://www.tourmaster.com/xcart/catalog ... -49_3.html

Chris
ImageImageImage
Before(5/5/09)_____________After(5/5/10)_____________Way After(8/1/10)

1995 FZR600 Sold :-(
2006 R1 Sold :-\
2009 Buell 1125R :-)
Brutal Tooth
50+ Posts
50+ Posts

Post by Brutal Tooth »

http://www.ridersdiscount.com/street-ge ... /76503.php
This is the kind that I use. Go to a dealership and take a look at the mesh jackets. They are pretty sweet. I love it because I can keep all the air in because I am freezing my ass off, or take a few layers out and go riding while feeling almost like I have a breezy, long sleeved jersey on.
yamaha_george
5000+ Posts
5000+ Posts

Post by yamaha_george »

Brutal Tooth wrote:http://www.ridersdiscount.com/street-ge ... /76503.php
This is the kind that I use. Go to a dealership and take a look at the mesh jackets. They are pretty sweet. I love it because I can keep all the air in because I am freezing my ass off, or take a few layers out and go riding while feeling almost like I have a breezy, long sleeved jersey on.
BT,
thanks I am going to look into this as wearing my leathers in 80+ was not good although thanks to Davids advice at Bamboo clothing it was alot more comfortable than usual.
This jacket and the Bamboo under suit seem like the thing so we will see.
:thumbsup:
Model192
Site Newbie

Post by Model192 »

I got a fieldsheer mach8 to go with my fieldsheer sport leather pants. it's polyti mesh and perforated leather on the impact areas with full armor so I feel more protected. 100$ on closeout now? They make black/red/blue

Angry7m
Site Newbie

Post by Angry7m »

Can anyone post the exact model the original poster was talking about?
yamaha_george
5000+ Posts
5000+ Posts

Post by yamaha_george »

Angry7m wrote:Can anyone post the exact model the original poster was talking about?
Hi,
I do not think it is made any more, I have the fieldsheer like the one shown and used it in the tropics with the Bamboo clothing under suit and was fine . The ventilation is good and at the end of the day 200 mile ride my wife was NOT complaining about my "stinky leathers" being in the house.